Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
VP, Strategic Development
- Job Title
- VP, Strategic Development
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Director, Sales to join our team.
Job Title: Vice President, Strategic Development
Reports to: CRO
Vice President, Strategic Development is responsible for building and managing 3 segments of the Summit Broadband Sales Organization – Wholesale, Channel Partner, and Government & Education. Managing a team to develop major strategic opportunities, grow new business, and maintain relationship with current customers.
- Help sales team uncover and drive strategic opportunities to grow all segments under management
- Provide day to day leadership and direction to team in alignment with Sales Plan.
- Develop and lead executive relationships with key partners and top customers
- Direct sales team in messaging the value proposition to customers and prospective customers.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the team
- Develop, lead and manage a strategic account planning process for key accounts.
- Proactively identify and effectively address operational challenges that negatively affect business performance and sales production.
- Drive the business planning process within the team and strategic sales planning for consistent growth.
- Ensure all team members are integrated into the process and are building their own business plans.
- Report progress against business plan and make adjustments as needed to meet plan objectives.
- Implement performance improvement plans as required for underperforming representatives..
- Manage existing customer base, with a goal of retaining all customers while selling additional services.
- Accurately forecast and deliver on revenue objectives.
- Provide weekly sales activity and sales forecast reports to leadership.
- Work with other cross functional leaders on lead generation, program implementation and training
- Maintain budgeted sales team headcount and hire qualified candidates as required.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
- Minimum 5 years previous sales management in telecommunications or cable TV experience required plus minimum five years in sales leadership
- Exceptional leadership skills and a hands-on visible approach to staff management and interaction are required
- Must have a strong technical background specifically in telecommunications
- Travel as needed
- Strong computer skills and tools required to project manage
- Must be able to pass criminal, MVR, and drug testing
- Must keep current auto insurance with 250,000/500,000 coverage at all times throughout employment and provide such proof of such insurance to Human Resources annually
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.