Assistant Project Engineer (Site Civil - Dams)
- Job Title
- Assistant Project Engineer (Site Civil - Dams)
- Job ID
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Other Location
Join a company recognized for providing solutions, excellence, service, and integrity. We seek dynamic individuals to support organic growth.
SESI Consulting Engineers, founded in 1976, is a well-established, progressive, consulting engineering firm in Parsippany, N.J. SESI has earned an excellent reputation for providing innovative Geotechnical, Site/Civil, and Environmental engineering solutions for owners, developers, and the construction industry throughout the NJ, NY, CT region
SESI Consulting Engineers has been selected as one of NJBIZ’s "FASTEST GROWING" Companies and Inc.'s "5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies".
SESI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, professional development assistance, bonus potential, employee engagement activities, just to name a few. SESI also engages its employees in all aspects of its projects and encourage them to participate in design and project management functions to their full potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Planning and performing subsurface investigation and testing programs
- Preparation of geotechnical drawings and specifications
- Perform construction observation of geotechnical works and foundation installation
- Perform engineering analysis and design calculations for the rehabilitation of existing dams and hydraulic structures; and design of new dams and reservoirs.
- Perform visual inspections of dams and hydraulic structures. Some field work will be required.
- Assist with preparation of engineering reports and technical specifications.
- Prepare Engineer’s Estimates for construction budgets.
- Conduct submittal reviews and requests for information during construction.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and project team members.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical Engineering focus is preferred, BS degree in Civil Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience considered.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills are required.
- AutoCAD and GIS proficiency are preferred.
- Experience or academic training with geotechnical computer software packages such as Rocscience applications is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites with a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a collaborative team environment.