- Job Title
- Building Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Building Engineer who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Building Engineer:
- Performs daily routine maintenance rounds and inspections of mechanical rooms, equipment, machinery, buildings and facilities within assigned areas for proper operation and working condition
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance on equipment, machinery, buildings, and facilities in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer’s specifications, and safety policies.
- Determines type and extent of malfunctions and adjusts, repairs, or replaces parts or components, reassembles, and tests for proper operation.
- Reports more serious problems to supervisor for instructions or maintenance scheduling while following safety protocol.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
A qualified candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum one-year experience required. Successful completion of an approved and accredited Trade School or apprenticeship program in lieu of one year of experience is acceptable.
- Valid driver’s license.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum one-year experience required. Successful completion of an approved and accredited Trade School or apprenticeship program in lieu of one year of experience is acceptable.
Valid driver’s license.