Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Fiber Splicing Supervisor
- Job Title
- Fiber Splicing Supervisor
- Job ID
- BONITA SPRINGS, FL 34135
- Other Location
- Southwest Florida, Fort Myers, Naples
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking Supervisor, Fiber Splicing to join our team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Supervisor, Fiber Splicing
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: Outside Plant Manager
As a member of the leadership team at Summit Broadband the Supervisor, Fiber Splicing will embody and role model our leadership pledge: Communicate Clearly and Actively Listen; Lead by Example; Be and Hold Others Accountable; Support the Vision, Mission, and Values; Recognize and Praise; Be Fiscally Responsible; Build Strong Interdepartmental Relationships; and Set Clear Expectations.
The Supervisor, Fiber Splicing must have strong fiber splicing, network, organization and customer service skills. This employee will direct the work of the Fiber Optics Splicing Technicians, planning and distributing based on defined schedules. This position will spend time in customer premises and will also interface with high level clients. Providing excellent customer service, both while installing and during troubleshooting operations, is critical to this position.
- Effectively allocate task responsibilities to appropriate staff, utilizing skills and potential appropriately
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring, evaluating, and disciplinary action if necessary
- Responsible for splicing of fiber optic cable for new construction, repair, and maintenance
- Plan, distribute, assign, and monitor all fiber splicing activities for new construction, repair, maintenance and customer activations
- Conduct post completion quality checks and provide feedback on technical results to the technician who performed the work
- Coordinate the on-call schedule for the Fiber Optic Network Splicing Technicians in order to respond to after hour emergencies
- Work with Fiber Design manager to create and implement a design and documentation standard
- Provide design manager with splice audit information in order to update Bentley
- Assist in training Fiber Optic Network Splicing Technicians in the Summit Broadband splicing methodologies
- Act as technical SME and escalation contact for splicing issues.
- Must be able to understand, derive and train optical power budget for designs
- Advanced network and splicing work required in order to install highly complex circuits and designs
- Overall network architecture understanding required as this position requires network architecture and troubleshooting knowledge
- Other duties as assigned including non-technical
- Associates Degree in Technical field (Electronics, Information Technology, Networking) or relevant work experience required
- Five years network splicing experience required
- Five years FTTH/CATV/telephony telecommunications experience required
- Exceptional leadership skills and a hands-on visible approach to staff management and interaction are required
- Ability to:
- Document and validate as-builts for new builds and plant modifications and train other technicians to do the same
- Test and implement new technology such as Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) devices
- Solve problems using solid judgment skills
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders
- Work in adverse weather conditions
- A high degree of organizational proficiency is required
- Outstanding communications skills and interpersonal abilities necessary
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends. Remain in service during outages until resolved
- Must be able to work emergency schedules during natural disasters and network outages
- Remain in a state of readiness to handle call issues when on call. Readiness includes being in local market, be in a state of mind so as to perform service and having company provided communications equipment ready to receive calls.
- Flexible work hours required i.e. shift work and/or after hours (maintenance window). Must be able to respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation
- This job could require working from a bucket truck and performing various work duties from such an environment
- Maintain vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clear MVR
- Employee is required to drive during night time conditions
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.