Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Solutions Architect - Enterprise
- Job Title
- Solutions Architect - Enterprise
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class Residential, Commercial, Wholesale and Hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in Central Florida, is seeking a Solutions Architect. The new Summit Broadband is in incredible growth mode fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Solutions Architect - Enterprise
Report to: Director, Solutions Architecture & Product Development
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Central Florida
The Solutions Architect is the primary pre and post sales technical resource for Sales and Customer Operations. Responsible for proactively driving and managing the customer technology requirements through all levels of the sales and service delivery processes. Working in conjunction with the sales teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate for all products. This includes being able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the customer lifecycle while maintain strong relationships. The Solutions Architect serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the sales teams for voice, data, video and other product opportunities as they are developed. Further, the SA is valuable resource to our customers by transferring knowledge to allow them to be better consumers.
- Provide pre and post sales consultation and assist the sales team in the discovery process for opportunities. Provide strategic, long-term planning with sales teams on prospective opportunities. Actively participate in sales calls including but not limited to HOA Board meetings and Town Halls. Attend a minimum number of appointments
- Gather pertinent data and inputs from the customer site and client vendor(s). Research possible solutions including and secure internal consensus with Engineering and Operations. Design, configure and price all components of the XGSPON and WiFi network(s). Provide sales engineering expertise for Bulk Residential opportunities. Help Develop business cases with Sales Team.
- Design practical and cost-effective solutions that meet customer needs, utilize our existing or planned network, and ensure maximum reliability. Provide technical specifications, network designs for sales proposals and bids. Jointly present solutions to customers, support recommendations and answer pertinent questions. Follow up with appropriate documentation.
- As assigned for, manage transition from design and sale to implementation by the Network Services and Network Operations group. Working in concert with a Project Coordinator, supervise installation, test and turn up and maintain contact with the customer’s technical staff
- Prepares and presents training sessions at lunch and learns, sales meetings and outside engagements.
- Maintains technical expertise by meeting with OEMs and vendors to evaluate product and service offerings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or related discipline required
- 7 + years telecommunications experience in broadband services required
- Demonstrated expertise with network design, implementation, routing, switching, including dense and distributed WiFi networks, GPON and XGSPON platforms.
- Expertise in product management and product design
- Demonstrated knowledge of Outside Plant fiber design and logical network. Ability to connect potential customers to the network that exists with minimal capital exposure.
- Appropriate current or previous industry certifications including for example: BICSI (RCCD and/or LAN specialist), JNCIA, CCDA, or Microsoft (MCSE) preferred.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP, IPX, Ethernet, Virtual Private Networks, IP tunneling, sub-netting and Network address translations, VOIP.
- Extensive experience with residential Single Family Home and Multi-Family installations, migrations, systems integrations and network operations.
- Experience working in a solutions sales organization with an advanced understanding of sales cycles and solutions selling process with formal training in strategic value selling is a plus.
- Ability to uncover, understand and evaluate a need and provide appropriate design, OSP and engineering direction.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
- This position is located in Central Florida; however, travel to other markets will be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.