Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Field Service Technician
- Job Title
- Field Service Technician
- Job ID
- NAPLES, FL 34116
- Other Location
- Southwest Florida, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Field Services Technician to join our team.
Job Title: Field Services Technician
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Field Services Manager
The Field Services Technician must have very strong customer service skills. This employee will spend 70% of their time in customer premises and will also interface with high level clients and management teams. Customer service both while installing and during troubleshooting operations is critical to this position. This individual will be responsible for all responsibilities associated with customer installation and service.
Primary responsibility of this position is to install, repair and maintain all of the Summit Broadband's products and services through field operations as defined below:
- Copper, Coax, Fiber
- Coax, Fiber, Set Top Boxes, Cable Modems
- Cable Broadband (DOCSIS), Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet switches (fiber)(Cat5/Cat6), GPON Home and Small Business Networking
- Basic Wireless/Wire LAN services
- Basic Network Security
- Install and maintain DS1 level circuits
- Install, repair, and maintain T-Marks, switches, and ONT’s.
- Basic Business Class Telephony Testing
- Setup and test rotary, sequential Hunt Groups
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of distribution splice points including Coax Taps and vaults.
- Basic installation, testing and repair of light levels, RF levels, and service drops.
- Hybrid fiber coax network support from Optical Node and RFOG Node to Customer Premise including LE, Taps, Drops, and Splitters.
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of inside wire including twisted pair copper, Cat5, fiber and Coax.
- Basic troubleshooting of small home and office LAN networking, wireless and hotspot configurations
- Ensures customer satisfaction by providing a high-quality friendly service and identifying customer needs.
- Responds to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends. Remain in service during outages until resolved
- Remain in a state of readiness to handle call issues when on call. Readiness includes being in local market, be in a state of mind so as to perform service and having company provided communications equipment ready to receive calls.
- Must be able to work emergency schedules during natural disasters and network outages.
- Requirement to meet up-selling and upgrading of customers with additional Summit Broadband's products and services.
- Fiber optic troubleshooting and splicing.
- Full accountability in safety, productivity, quality, workmanship and customer service.
- Maintain vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Dress in approved Summit branded clothing and arrive to work on time and in a neat and professional manner
- Ability to multi-task. Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid judgment skills.
- Uses excellent hearing and listening skills to receive detailed information
- Other duties as assigned including non-technical
- 3-5 years telecommunications experience required
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Must have SCTE Certification or receive certification within a year (company paid)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with service/install of networking & telephony lines
- Must be able to operate signal level meters and power meters
- Candidates must possess mechanical ability and have a basic understanding of electricity.
- Consumer electronics experience required
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clear MVR
- Employee is required to drive during night time conditions
- Must have close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to pass standard background check and drug screening
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Must be able and willing to climb ladders and work on utility poles
- Must be able and willing to work in adverse weather conditions and attics and crawlspaces
- Ability to operate OTDR, and fusion splicer preferred
- This job could require working from a bucket truck and performing various work duties from such an environment
- Computer skills to sufficient to process trouble tickets
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Summit Broadband is a life-line service provider and this position is classified as essential. Coverage, above and beyond normal working hours; before, during and after inclement weather events, including hurricanes, may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband Inc. is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.