Patient Care Technician-SICU
- Job Title
- Patient Care Technician-SICU
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Patient Care Technician: 36-40 Hours-FT, EOW, 7:30am-8pmX3 (12hr shifts )
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Patient Care Technician who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Patient Care Technician:
- Complete Howard University Hospital approved training program
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrates willingness to learn
- Competence in both oral and written English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, Physicians ,Hospital, and University officials, and the general public.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of an approved medical training program beyond high school (i.e., CNA, EMT, PCT Training Program, Nursing Technician).
- Completion of an approved phlebotomy course preferred.
- A minimum of six months experience as a PCT, CNA or EMT or a Nursing Student with completion of at least one year of clinical rotation. One (1) or more years hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred.
- Current certification as CNA, EMT or PCT in the District of Columbia, or a Nursing Student (RN Program) with completion of at least one year of clinical rotation.
- BLS/CPR certification required
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (up to 50lbs), bend, write, type, file, speak, hear, see, calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret and organize for extended periods of time
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
.* High School graduate or equivalent
* 2+ years of experience in a hospital setting as a PCT