Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Part-Time Operating Room Technician
- Job Title
- Part-Time Operating Room Technician
- Job ID
- Fairbanks, AK 99709
- Other Location
Operating Room Technician help patients by providing information, services and assistance. Maintaining medical supplies inventory; performing preventive maintenance to keep equipment operating, other duties deemed necessary by Management.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
- Prepares and organizes the operating room equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for surgical procedures
- Receives daily inventory shipments and reconciles them with inventory orders
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment in the operating room
- Monitors inventory for expiration dates and rotating stock to avoid inventory loss
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes surgical instrumentation according to ANSI, AAMI, and APIC standards
- Assists the healthcare team with patient positioning and patient transfers
- Assists with operating room turnovers between surgeries, to maintain a clean and sanitary environment
- Performs daily operating room data recording for state compliance
- Completes the laundry on a weekly basis, to include washing, drying, folding, and putting away
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Previous medical office experience is necessary
- Current CPR certification.
- Minimum of two years experience.
- Exhibits a strong respect for other co-workers
- Demonstrates willingness to abide by the practice's protocols, as well as state regulations
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.