Endoscopy Tech, Surgical Services, Day Shift, Full Time
- Job Title
- Endoscopy Tech, Surgical Services, Day Shift, Full Time
- Job ID
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
- Other Location
A trained individual, who, under the direct supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, PCC, and/or Staff Nurse performs patient care activities, and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients in accordance with the War Memorial Hospital Nursing Services philosophy, policies and procedures.
Provides assistance to the Physician as a member of the Surgical Services Team. Responsibilities may include assisting Physician with endoscopic procedures and documentation under the direction of the Physician and/or staff nurse. Maintains par levels of Endoscopic related supplies, and equipment. Responsible for the care and cleaning of Endoscopic supplies and equipment. Rotates stock and monitors outdates.
1. Previous CNA / OR experience required.
2. Must possess the ability to understand basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
3. Must possess the technical skills required to perform the duties and skills required of the Surgery Aide as defined in the policies and procedures of War Memorial Hospital.
4. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
5. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
6. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
7. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
8. Demonstrates ability to utilize aseptic technique.
Demonstrates ability to perform documentation activities.
- Manual dexterity required for use with sensitive/delicate equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
1. Graduated from high school or equivalent required.
2. BCLS required.
1. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
2. Able to push and pull patients, weighing up to 350 pounds, with assistance, in wheelchairs or carts with assistance. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of a assigned shift. Able to bend, stoop, and squat as required to reach lower drawers in medication carts, to adjust patient line, etc., able to reach over head to obtain supplies.
3. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
4. Clear speech reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate
with patients and co-workers.
5. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients, call lights, provide supervision, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients, monitor equipment, etc.
6. Able to remember multiple messages, information, and task assignment for up to an assigned shift.
1. Standards of Care.
Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Department, which includes maintaining the patient's bill of rights.
2. Technical Patient Care.
Reports changes in patients to the Physician and/or Registered Nurse. Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients.
Accepts nursing care assignments and works as a member of the team. Carries out appropriate nursing action as directed by the Registered Nurse. Participates in orientation of new personnel and performance evaluations of nursing staff.
4. Equipment Safety.
Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Receives training/education on all appropriate equipment used and ensures the Safe Medical Device Act and Occurrence Reporting procedures are followed as needed.
5. Education and Attendance.
Demonstrates accountability to accept responsibility for personal and professional growth. Participates in hospital and departmental activities and in-services. Attends all monthly staff meetings, unless otherwise excused. Maintains documentation of attendance at annual training, mandatory education, and age specific criteria. Arrives at workstations ready to work at scheduled time, i.e., start of shift, breaks, lunch, etc.
6. Age Specific.
Understands and can access information regarding issues related to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
7. Customer First.
Complies with and/or implements the ACustomer First@ philosophy, as well as all hospital, human relations, safety, health, human resources and departmental policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines, and meets all licensing accreditation requirements. Treats guests (patients, families, visitors, employees, and physicians) with care, respect, and courtesy.
Participates in Quality Assessment and Improvement (QA/I) activities (e.g., education, measurement/monitoring, review, team participation, etc.) in conjunction with the Hospital=s QA/I plan, goals and objectives.
9. Other Duties.
Performs all other duties as established by the Director of Surgical Services and/or PCC.
Occasional exposure to blood/body fluids as required for invasive procedures and treatments. Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious agents inherent to caring for ill patients. Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medications and treatments.
Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers, soap etc., as identified by the department's MSDS manual. Continuous exposure to latex, plastic, and/or materials which are used for personal protective equipment.
Occasional exposure to bodily injuries due to unpredictable behaviors by patients. Occasional exposure to loud and unpleasant noises or smells due to unpredictable behaviors by patients.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or required by their immediate supervisor.
- Required Skills
Previous CENA / OR experience required.
Must possess the ability to understand basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
Must possess the technical skills required to perform the duties and skills required of the Surgery Aide as defined in the policies and procedures of War Memorial Hospital.
Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Demonstrates ability to utilize aseptic technique.
Demonstrates ability to perform documentation activities.
Manual dexterity required for use with sensitive/delicate equipment.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
Option 2: Create a New Profile