- Job Title
- Programmer I
- Job ID
- Edwards AFB, CA 93524
- Other Location
Converts data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify computer programs requiring and applying basic knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions to business problems.
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate a sequence of steps that a program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Uses computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development.
- Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into a language readable by computers, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Designs and writes basic to moderately complex computer programs.
- Assists with design, creation, and maintenance of database systems for Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Operates computer system to check out programs, troubleshoot and test systems.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Assists in analysis, review, and alterations to programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Assists with documentation to describe programs development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assists in developing user manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Provides basic technical assistance to program users, as required.
- Performs related work, as required.
- There is occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal as well constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
- 1 year minimum experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Must qualify for and maintain a Government security clearance.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must obtain CompTIA Security+ certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Possess basic knowledge of software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, requirements management, design/modeling, implementation, testing, deployment, configuration management, and software sustainment.
- Possess experience and knowledge with PC operating systems and productivity software including: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, MS Project, MS Visio, and Windows.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency at a basic level with required computer languages and a basic understanding of computer systems including networks, servers, and personal computers. Must possess some planning and organizing skills and demonstrate the ability to work under deadlines. Must possess verbal and written communication skills sufficient to permit interaction with other employees as well as taking work direction from senior unit personnel.
- Associates' degree in Computer Programming or a related field; or equivalent technical training from an accredited academic institution, completion of a recognized certification program, or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in computer programming.
- Possess a current state issued driver’s license.
- Security +
- Current Secret Security Clearance with investigation conducted within the last 6 years.
Integrits Corporation complies with provisions of the EEO and ADA laws. Integrits Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.