Systems Administrator III- Classified Networks
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator III- Classified Networks
- Job ID
- Edwards AFB, CA 93524
- Other Location
The candidate is in a senior level role that performs duties involved in the development, testing, implementation of operating systems, networks, and related software. Must have Supervisory skills. Candidate may not be an active supervisor, but must have the capability to manage, instruct, and mentor teammates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform System Administration functions such as user account maintenance, application and OS patches and updates, antivirus updates, security/event log review and analysis, network documentation, tape backup operations, hardware issue escalation, user training, and user support.
- Install, configure, manage and troubleshoot servers, PCs and other hardware systems and associated software as necessary.
- Apply advanced networking and security knowledge to build network(s).
- Manage hardware and software assets for assigned work area.May be required to conduct HW/SW inventories.
- Installation and support of Microsoft applications, workstation clients, database applications, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable in PC, server and peripheral hardware systems installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation.
- Skills must include client and server software installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols and network/internet connectivity, may include sub-netting, switch configuration, etc.
- Must have good understanding of tape backup hardware, software, and procedures.
- Requires mature, self-starting individual with excellent communication and organizational skills, who is also detail oriented.
- Candidate must possess good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within structured guidelines.
- Ability to patch and troubleshoot Windows 10, Windows Server, and Linux
- Knowledge of Auditing, RMF, STIGs, SCAP, and ACAS.
- There is occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal as well constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
- Security+ certification or ability to certify quickly required.
- Secret Security Clearance within scope of <5 yrs investigation
- Possess 10 years related experience managing servers, switches, enclave environments, etc.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a current state issued driver’s license.
- Desired Qualifications
- User management (Managing user Email, Skype, and other Accounts).
- Must possess VMWare experience (VDI, Virtual Servers, NSX virtual networking, optimizing SHB images for Instant clone operations).
- Understanding of server backups and restores. (Familiarity with Dell Networker product is preferred, but experience with any storage backup application is acceptable).
- Windows Server/Desktop management and configuration. (Stigs, Group Policies, etc).
- Enterprise Application management and understanding. (How exchange, skype for business, McAffee EPO, etc. incorporate into a Data Center).
- Domain Controller understanding (Group Policy implementation, Security Groups, and Distribution Groups).
- Ability to create and/or update detailed processes. (I.e. Performing SCAP scans in a VDI environment, Creating Accounts, performing data backups).
- DellEMC storage familiarity (Unity400 operations and fileshare/data store creation).
- Familiarity with DISA and AFCEDS website program/application retrieval (up to date SHB images, programs, etc).
- Familiar with SHB creation process.
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Associates’ or higher degree in Computer/Information Technology, or equivalent academic/technical training.
- MSCE, A+ or equivalent.