Senior Payroll Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Payroll Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Albany, NY
- Other Location
POSITION: Senior Payroll Manager
LOCATION: Hybrid - Albany NY
SUMMARY: Our client, is looking to bring on a new Senior Payroll Manager due to growth! The Senior Payroll Manager will manage and oversee payroll processes in a fast-paced high-growth organization. The ideal candidate should exhibit exceptional leadership skills, a positive attitude and a strong attention for detail. The Senior Payroll Manager will interface on a regular basis with other departments including Human Resources. Additionally, the successful candidate is also a service-oriented person who enjoys high volume responsibilities and takes pride in the accuracy and thoroughness of their work.
- Assist in overseeing the day-to-day payroll operations ensuring accurate and timely processing of weekly payrolls in a high growth, fast-paced organization.
- Ensure all related general ledger activity is posted timely and accurately.
- Review and approve domestic payrolls for accuracy as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures.
- Drive process standardization, automation, and continuous improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Act as point of escalation and work to identify, track, document, and resolve errors, issues and risks proactively with timely further escalation of unresolved items to senior management.
- Ensure payroll processes are administered in compliance with SOX requirements, internal company policies as well as applicable country, federal and state regulations or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or other relevant field
- 7+ years of payroll experience with at least 3 years of overseeing a Payroll function
- Experience working in an organization with numerous locations and a remote workforce is highly preferred
- Extensive understanding of stock and equity disbursement and related tax implications
- Extensive knowledge in Payroll & Accounting procedures and Payroll Tax Laws & Regulations
- Experience with Workday payroll software strongly preferred