- Job Title
- Finance Manager
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
POSITION: Finance Manager, Applications
LOCATION: Remote/Hybrid - occasionally will need to come to client site: Rochester/Albany NY, or Houston TX
SUMMARY: Our client, a leading leading renewable energy organization is looking to hire a Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is a trusted and proactive financial advisor to the Applications leadership team. This role is critical to help drive strategic decision making within the Applications business unit based upon the measurement of financial data. The Finance Manager will be tasked to partner with Applications commercial and product management, support on commercial business activity, drive cost down strategies on new production introductions and manage key business JV partnerships. This individual will manage key financial and accounting measurements within the Applications business unit and must also be available to develop custom reporting and provide fact-based guidance upon request for various business purposes. This individual must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple project assignments and is willing to learn and adapt within a fast-paced, growing organization
- Drive fact-based financial and operational analysis to assist in the creation of meaningful, actionable conclusions to drive decision making.
- Support Applications product management activity, partnering with operations on achievement of cost roadmaps.
- Partner with Business unit leadership team to address long term strategic initiatives in Stationary and Mobility markets.
- Own Applications budgeting process to ensure forecasting alignment with operations and business unit team members.
- Publish monthly/quarterly analysis of actual results versus budget along with findings and conclusions.
- Provide operational insight for the leadership team, allowing the team to understand and manage the business at optimal levels
- Provide detailed Applications P&L reviews and analysis of monthly Sales/Margin.
- Analyze cost and balance sheet risks and opportunities; project impact on financial results of the operation and provide recommendations.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as defined by the leadership team for business needs.
- Develop and grow strong cross-functional relationships to ensure the achievement of department and business objectives through collaboration and communication.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; MBA/CPA license preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of related work experience, preferably within manufacturing operations
- Strong grasp of US GAAP
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Strong Excel skills preferred
- Experience in finance within a publicly traded company is vastly preferred