Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- OSP Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Other Location
Job Title: Engineer
Business Unit: CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, CHC Consulting is a full-service engineering consulting firm within the telecommunications industry. CHC Consulting provides comprehensive, turn-key professional services in the areas of fielding, engineering design, permitting, project management, process development, and staffing to a range of Blue Chip clients across the United States. CHC Consulting specializes in Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering and has a large footprint in the West, Midwest, and Southwest regions.
Responsible for the engineering and design of the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines. Ground-up paid training provided!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce acost-effectiveengineered design for construction to place, splice, install and maintain for many years to come.
- Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at a strategic access points and design an aerial and or underground path from point A to point B.
- Identify the necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber/copper cables to poles as well as place cables in the underground environments.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property avoiding conflict with existing facilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant engineering and construction techniques.
- Experience working with Outside Plant Engineering in the following systems: AutoCAD, and or client-specific GIS software preferred.
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management.
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Field experienced preferable, but not required.
- Experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- Will be taught to perform basic drafting or engineering activities often following a redline.
- Requires mentorship and training on architecture or design methods and planning decisions.
- 2-3 years OSP Design experience
- Capable of designing projects with some oversight.
- Has a strong understanding of multiple job types and can complete work with minimaloversight.
- Understands how CHC engineering activities relate together and to the final product.
- Capable of performing ad-hoc requests for complicated QA or Design services with some explanation and oversight.
- Understands and follows design & quality standards.
- Understands route planning decisions, as well as in-field and construction concerns and efficiencies.
- Requires quality audits for consistency, but should not have basic errors.
- 5+yrsOSP Design experience
- Able to plan and design projects without oversight.
- Has a deep understanding of OSP planning, design and construction methods.
- Capable of performing ad-hoc requests for complicated QA or planning services with minimal explanation and oversight.
- Able to define and clarify design and quality standards.
- Able to create high-level efficiency cable routing.
- Does not require quality audits and can communicate directly with the customer.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.