Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Keizer, OR 97303
- Other Location
Job Title: Groundman
Business Unit: HHS Construction, LLC.
Groundman is an entry-level position in the line of progression for a Lineman. The Groundman performs various manual labor-type tasks at the work site to assist crew members, such as loading and unloading supplies and materials, cutting brush, digging ditches, and assisting in preparing materials for the Lineman to install.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Assists Lineman in loading, unloading, layout, and preparing tools/supplies/equipment/materials needed at each job site
- Performs manual labor type tasks as directed by the Lineman, Foreman, or Supervisors, such as cleaning truck, digging ditches, tamping, cutting brush, and moving materials
- Handles physically demanding construction duties
- Drives a company-provided vehicle from the yard to the Jobsite and back.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Background in construction or related work environments
- Valid driver's license, Class A preferred
- Takes direction from supervisors and works well with others in a team environment.
- Communicates clearly using radios, verbal, and hand signal communication.
- Identifies unsafe conditions and takes appropriate action
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry materials of all shapes and sizes, weighing 40 to 90 pounds
- Must be able to maintain visual and audible contact with other crewmen and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Must be able to safely operate company vehicles or workaround heavy equipment and machinery
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl while performing work
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders
- Must be able to work in small/confined areas
- Must be able to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses, a hardhat, and any applicable safety gear
- Hourly; Non-Exempt
- Compensation Range: $18 - $20
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life insurance
· 401(k) matching
· Referral program
· Employee discount
· Flexible spending account
· Health savings account
· Employee assistance program
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.