Chief Operating Officer
- Job Title
- Chief Operating Officer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Utica, NY
- Other Location
Chief Operating Officer
Hybrid - Utica, NY
Our client, a leader in providing services for individuals with developmental disabilities, is hiring for a Chief Operating Officer. The Chief Operating Officer will work closely with the CEO to perform a wide range of difficult-to-complex administrative activities related to the overall direction of the organization that serve to support effective business operations. The Chief Operating Officer will be a trusted advisor to the CEO and assist the CEO in planning, policy, operational and community support matters.
The COO is an integral member of the Executive Management Team and involved on the local, state and national level of concerns and issues pertaining to the population served and the services provided by the Agency.
This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to work with a mission driven organization, impacting over 1,400 individuals in the community. Our client offers excellent benefits, work-life balance and an innovative culture and vision. Demonstrated success in quality assurance, change management and human services operations is required.
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; assists in the proper coordination of all administrative affairs; prepares and submits to the CEO, reports of finances, staffing, program, and other administrative activities; prepares agenda and documents, attends and participates in Board Committee meetings.
- Participates in the development and implementation of organizational and program plans; researches applicable laws, legislation, and regulations; prepares reports, correspondence, memos, and records; evaluates activities and interacts with representatives of comparable agencies; develops and prepares forms, records, charts, and other materials, and implements systems to achieve effective workloads and workflow.
- Prepares and delivers formal presentations before various public and private concerns; attends meetings, conferences and seminars requiring periodic travel.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and monitors and evaluates current accounting systems; reviews and makes recommendations on fiscal accountability and cost savings measures.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Management and Leadership Teams as directed.
- Report all incidents of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies presenting search warrants, subpoenas for information or testimony from Agency personnel or any unannounced visits to supervisor.
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University with major course work in Human Services, Business Administration, or Public Administration, or a closely related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience performing supervisory executive level tasks.
- Human Services background preferred.