Nurse Residents - February 2023 Program
- Job Title
- Nurse Residents - February 2023 Program
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Nurse Residency @ Howard University Hospital
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with ground breaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Nurse Resident who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference. Positions are available for our Medical/Surgical units.
The Nurse Resident:
Attends all assigned learning activities and clinical experiences. Arrives on time and prepared.
Rotates shifts according to program and/or preceptor’s schedule.
Responsible for all cost associated with required books, materials, equipment, and transportation. (Some training may be off site)
Works closely with preceptor, educators, and program coordinator to integrate and maximize learning.
Participates in regular evaluation sessions to obtain/provide feedback on individual performance and Nurse Residency Program, completes competency documentation.
Completes a Research Project prior to program completion.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Graduate of an accredited BSN nursing program
- Active DC Registered Nurse License prior to the first day of orientation
- 3.0 GPA or higher (transcripts will be requested and 3.0 GPA must be maintained through graduation)
- No prior experience as RN or LPN
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills