R1-Fredericksburg Front End Retail Associate
- Job Title
- R1-Fredericksburg Front End Retail Associate
- Job ID
- Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for an R1-Fredericksburg, Front-End Retail Associate. The Front-End Retail Associate will receive payment from customers for merchandise, assist donors and provide tax receipts for such, select, and prepare textiles for sales in store, price new and used merchandise and assure goods are made available to the public in a clean, attractive environment with the best customer service standards.
- Assures exceptionally friendly customer service to all shoppers and donors.
- Performs basic housekeeping tasks on the sales floor, donation center, and production area.
- Safeguards company property and equipment against loss, theft, or damage.
- Adheres to security policies and enforces all security rules and regulations and reports incidents to Store Manager.
- Assists in any other store function as needed to assure all work goals are met and to cross train in all store functions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Operates cash register to receive payments and make change.
- Follows established cash, check and credit card handling procedures and tax-deductible receipt procedures.
- Packs or wraps customer purchases as required.
- Consistently promote “round up” option to customers.
- Reviews price information to note changes and sale items
Sales Floor responsibilities:
- Replenishes merchandise on store fixtures.
- Assists customers with finding merchandise as required.
- Maintains displays keeping them neat and attractively merchandised.
- Conducts periodic inventory of merchandise as required
- Performs basic housekeeping task on the sales floor.
- Removes poor quality, damaged or aged merchandise from the sales floor and prepares it for return to salvage.
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and blackout periods which may vary from week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Retail or similar experience preferred.
Ability to stand and move around for extended periods. Ability to climb, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, carry, push, pull, and lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Basic computer skills, basic phone communication skills, ability count change and work a cash register, basic math, and ability to make change.
This position may require a drug screen
Retail store environment, some minimal exposure to outdoor elements
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- $14.00 None to $14.00 None