Option 2: Create a New Profile
HR Office Assistant
- Job Title
- HR Office Assistant
- Job ID
- Ontario, CA 91761
- Other Location
Job Title: Assistant, People Services
Operating Unit: HHS Construction, LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Director, People Services
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: Ontario, CA (100% on-site)
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to any other employees in the same or similar role.
HHS Construction, LLC a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
The Assistant, People Services reports directly to the Director, People Services. This position is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and providing overall administrative support to the HR department, including maintaining, processing documentation and records.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Assists with new hire onboarding process, including sending packets, pre-screens and entering new hire information into the payroll system
· Assists with creating and maintaining complete and confidential physical and electronic files on each employee
· Participates and/or conducts weekly new hire meetings with management and IT
· Assists with answering employee questions about HR policies and procedures
· Assist with HR audits, as needed
· Assist with closing out termination files, including cancelling cards
· Assist with weekly payroll requests (i.e. vacation and sick time)
· Performs data entry, logging equipment issued and filing
- Regularly handles employees’ personal information, while maintaining proper security for all files and following privacy procedures at all times
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, standards, and safety rules.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- May be required to work additional hours and/or weekends, as needed, to meet deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or more than one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· At least one year experience as an HR assistant or relevant field
· Basic knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
· Deadline driven, self-motivated and technically savvy
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, solve problems, and complete tasks independently with little supervision required
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities
· Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
· Superior organizational and time management skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Bi-lingual in Spanish, preferred
· Ability to proficiently use computer software programs and related computer applications, Outlook, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications and other industry-specific technology tools used within the organization. Willingness to learn additional software applications.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Physical demands: Ability to sit continuously for entire work shift. Ability to stand, walk, and to reach with hands and arms occasionally. Ability to talk and to hear continuously. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds periodically. Finger dexterity is required continuously for the normal work shift.
- Vision: Ability to see at close range (20 inches or less), at a distance (clear vision at 20 feet or more), ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, and ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Work Environment: Employees work in an office with moderate noise levels (such as computers and printers) and controlled temperature conditions.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.