Field Application Engineer
- Job Title
- Field Application Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Latham, NY 12110
- Other Location
POSITION: Field Application Engineer
SUMMARY: Our client, a leading hydrogen fuel cell manufacturing company is looking to hire a Field Application Engineer. The Field Application Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales team and is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales and engineering teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Field Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction. The occupant of this role must evaluate customer technical requirements against approved solutions and specifically electrolyzer systems. If the needs of the customer cannot be met with the approved solutions, the Field Application Engineer will work with cross-functional teams to find a technical solution meeting customer needs.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain expert level technical knowledge of company products and solutions; most notably the electrolyzer systems and surrounding equipment
- Attend meetings with the sales team while lending help with the following:
-Articulating customer technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
-Listening, understanding and conveying customer requirements.
- Assisting the sales team on application recognition to provide the solutions that will maximize the benefit for customers.
- Help to calibrate expectations for solution rollouts between customer stakeholders and internal project teams.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions to address specific constraints for customer field applications.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people and customers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS in electrical engineering or other relevant engineering field of study.
- 3+ years of related work history; preferably experience with integrating technical solutions in the field for customer stakeholders.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform the duties of the role; up to 50%.
- Proven ability to successfully develop technical solutions in a variety of environments while taking into account a multitude of constraints.
- Experience in any of the following spheres of activity is preferred and highly valued: High or medium voltage distribution system, hydrogen and/or fuel cells, industrial gas, High Pressure Systems (250 Bar and up), gas processing and/or dispensing equipment, oil and gas - CNG, LNG, etc.
- Prior experience in sales is desirable.