Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Fiber Splicing Technician
- Job Title
- Fiber Splicing Technician
- Job ID
- NAPLES, FL 34116
- Other Location
- Southwest Florida, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Fiber Splicing Technician to join our Outside Plant team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Fiber Splicing Technician
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Outside Plant Supervisor
Location: Southwest Florida
The Fiber Splicing Technician must have very strong customer service skills. This employee will spend time in customer premises and will also interface with high level clients and management teams. Customer service both while installing and during troubleshooting operations is critical to this position. This individual will be responsible for all tasks associated with customer installation. This position will also be responsible for all fiber splicing both new construction and repairs.
· Responsible for splicing of fiber optic and Copper Cable for new construction, repair, and maintenance
· Responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of all Summit Broadband's products and services through field operations as follows:
· Copper, Coax, Fiber
· Coax, Fiber, Set Top Boxes, Cable Modems
· Cable Broadband (Coax), Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet networks (Cat5/Cat6), DSL (Twisted-pair Copper), Fiber Ethernet (Fiber)
Home and Small Business Networking
· Basic Wireless/Wire LAN services
· Basic Network Security
· Install and maintain DS1 level circuits
· Install, repair, and maintain channel banks
· Basic Business Class Telephony Testing
· Setup and test rotary, sequential Hunt Groups
· Basic installation and repair acceptance testing of light levels, RF levels, metallic Loop Test
· Basic central office wiring
· Installation, repair, and maintenance of inside wire including twisted pair copper, Cat5, and Coax
· Basic troubleshooting of small home and office LAN networking and configurations
· Ensures customer satisfaction by providing quality service and identifying customer needs.
· Responds to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation
· Must be able to work after hours and weekends. Remain in service during outages until resolved
· Remain in a state of readiness to handle call issues when on call. Readiness includes being in local market, be in a state of mind so as to perform service and having company provided communications equipment ready to receive calls.
· Must be able to work emergency schedules during natural disasters and network outages
· Requirement to meet up-selling and upgrading of customers with additional Summit Broadband's products and services
· Full accountability in safety, productivity, quality, workmanship and customer service
· Maintain vehicle in a clean and professional manner
· Dress in approved Summit/OTC branded clothing and arrive to work in a neat and professional manner
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid judgment skills
· Uses excellent hearing and listening skills to receive detailed information
· Other duties as assigned including non-technical
· Must have valid driver’s license with a clear MVR
· Employee is required to drive during night time conditions
· You must have close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination
· Must be able to pass standard background check
· Must pass pre-employment and compulsory drug screening
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
· Three to five years telecommunications experience required
· Must be able to lift 75 lbs repeatedly
· Must be able and willing to climb ladders and work on utility poles
· Must be able and willing to work in adverse weather conditions and attics and crawlspaces
· This job could require working from a bucket truck and performing various work duties from such an environment
· Must have and maintain own required hand tools
· Computer skills to sufficiently process trouble tickets
· Knowledge of Excel and Word
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.