- Job Title
- Job ID
- Irvine, CA
- Other Location
1st Shift - 7:00AM to 3:30PM
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years welding experience (MIG and Light Gauge TIG .062 Thin) and proficient in reading and understanding build drawings. Ability to work well within a team and can handle multiple aspects of metal fabrication (cutting, bending, mill work, finishing and assembly). This position is responsible for analyzing assembly drawings, measuring material and cutting them to appropriate size and shape. The merchandise that is created in this area must have perfect dimensions and must be crafted without inconsistencies. Any questions regarding the assembly of the materials are to be communicated to the CAD draftsperson/Fabrication Foreman.
- Welding steel and aluminum materials using (MIG/TIG) processes.
- Operates fabrication shop and machine shop machinery and equipment.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of the work piece.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust or scale from workpiece.
- Assemble work pieces to job specs.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs related duties as assigned by department lead or department supervisor.
- Communication Proficiency (verbal-written communication)
- Learning Orientation
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Welding and assembly skills
- Understand the basics of Industrial Safety, Health and Environmental. Avoid injuries and must ask for help from other suitable employees when lifting heavy objects over 50 lbs. and/or large dimensions with 47 or more inches long. Using proper lifting techniques and proper lifting equipment.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm overtime and weekends as needed
This position might require long hours and occasional weekend work to follow up with specific projects assigned, due to a wide variety of fabrication jobs that require short lead times and quick turnarounds.
Please note this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This Job Description has been approved by all levels of Management.
PREFER EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience in a fabrication environment.
- 3+ years experience with (MIG/Light Gauge TIG) welding within a fabrication environment.
- Must know how to read a tape measure and calipers.
- Must know how to read and understand CAD drawings.
- Basic knowledge and experience with metal shop equipment including table saws, mitter saws, drill presses, rolling equipment, mill, lathe and metal shears.
- Some electrical and soldering knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 50 pounds. Applying safety rules and techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply safety practices regarding all machinery and tool usage.
- Open and available to work overtime including weekends.
- Pay Range
- ¤21.00 Hourly to ¤24.00 Hourly
Option 1: Create a New Profile