Below is a list of our currently open positions. Click on a title for more information and to apply for the opportunity.
If you do not see a position that matches your qualifications, click “Create Profile” in the menu bar below to submit your information for general consideration.
Speech Language Pathologist (Part Time)
- Job Title
- Speech Language Pathologist (Part Time)
- Job ID
- Millbrook, NY 12545
- Other Location
Hayes Day School, based in Millbrook, NY, is a state-of-the-art facility serving 60 children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are seeking a Certified Speech Language Pathologist to evaluate and provide treatment for students with multiple disabilities and disorders in communication and swallowing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a stable and growing organization that prides itself on transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment.
This is a part time position, 2 days per week (flexible) from 8:30-3:30.
What We’re Looking For (Qualifications):
What You’ll Do as the Speech Language Pathologist (Responsibilities):
- Current NYS Certification in Speech Language Pathology
- Previous experience teaching individuals with speech and learning disabilities
- Basic computer skills and ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Evaluate and provide treatment for students with multiple disabilities and disorders in communication and swallowing
- Provide services in a flexible manner either pulling students out or pushing into classroom activities depending on the unique needs of each student and the classroom
- Consult with classroom and residential staff regarding the implementation of speech, language and feeding goals
- Collaborate with all team members to consider physical, sensory, motor and behavioral needs of each student
- Develop and implement the best method of alternative and augmentative communication systems including PECS, speech generating devices, sign and tactile systems.
- Determine diet consistencies and safe feeding practices
- Develop appropriate goals and objectives for each student‘s IEP
- Attend classroom team meetings, CSE meetings, and residential meetings as needed
- Conduct annual and triennial re-evaluations as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Pay: You will earn $29 - $39 / hour, based on experience.
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
Equal Opportunity Employer