Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
- Job Title
- Corporate Counsel/Attorney
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our team.
Title: Corporate Counsel
Reports to: VP, Legal & HR
Location: Orlando, FL - in-office position
Our Corporate Counsel assists in protecting the organization's legal interest and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. In this role, you will provide hands-on counsel to all levels of employees, including the executive staff. You will also be responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance. The successful candidate must be a graduate of an accredited law school with at least 5 years of experience as a practicing attorney (preferably in the telecommunications service provider space) and admitted into a state bar in good standing. You will be required to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and provide sound legal advice. Additionally, this role requires you perform a variety of complicated tasks, and lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- 90k-100k annual salary
- Eligible for 401k and health plan benefits
- Negotiating, drafting, and closing a wide variety of complex contracts with customers and vendors, including both residential and telecommunications sales.
- Handling regulatory filings at local, state, and FCC level.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on capital recovery claims.
- Assisting with responses to RFPs and complex business proposals, especially in the ERate and USAC sectors.
- Negotiating and drafting reseller agreements, professional services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, SaaS, and other legal documents.
- Providing general legal advice as required on other matters including Government Services, Administration participation and reporting, ensuring and maintaining regulatory compliance, and human resources and employment law issues that may arise.
- Providing litigation support to outside counsel.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably with a top law firm or corporation.
- Juris Doctor Degree and Bar membership required (Florida Bar preferred).
- Experience with regulatory obligations pertinent to the telecom when applicable is critical.
- Experience with telecommunications regulation, software licensing, and other technology-related contracts necessary.
- Ability to recognize ERISA, COBRA, antitrust and securities issues is helpful.
- Excellent ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong Microsoft Office, especially Excel, skills a must.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills a must.
- One-on-One negotiation skills.
- Must be customer service driven with an upbeat and outgoing personality.
- Must be proactive with excellent follow-through.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal and organization skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.