Chief People Officer
- Job Title
- Chief People Officer
- Job ID
- Syracuse, NY 13204
- Other Location
POSITION: Chief People Officer
LOCATION: Syracuse, NY
SUMMARY: Our client, a comprehensive continuing healthcare organization that provides person-centered and affordable services to elders, is seeking a Chief People Officer. The Chief People Officer (CPO) is a strategic leader and key member of the executive team reporting directly to the CEO. The CPO will serve as a thought partner to the CEO and will work in close partnership with the executive team and Human Resources Team to develop and implement a people-centric organization that attracts essential talent and ensures people are highly engaged in the mission and culture of the organization.
The CPO will ensure that the human resources philosophy is aligned with the strategy of the organization and fully integrated into all programs and services. The CPO develops and implements a broad array of programs and services that will drive organizational results, change agility and maximize the potential of its people resources. The CPO is responsible for providing leadership and consultative services in all areas of Human Resources including leadership, coaching, employee engagement and relations, labor relations, talent acquisition, development and retention, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, organizational and performance management, training and development, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaborates directly with the Sr. Leadership teams to lead, manage, influence and shape system wide cultural and organizational change.
- Actively participates in the long-term and short-term strategic planning processes incorporating Human Resources best practices and collaborating with peers to define appropriate and achievable goals and objective measurements.
- Provides strategic consultation to the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize business challenges faced by the organization and deploy value added HR initiatives and interventions as needed. Supports business performance, quality, training, talent management and all resident and participant care initiatives.
- Ensures staffing goals are met through Talent Acquisition and Retention efforts.
- Builds professional and personal credibility and trust with the leadership, peers, HR Directors, and others throughout the organization. Develops effective relationships and follow through with all key stakeholders.
- Quickly assimilates to the ever-changing healthcare culture and assists others in moving forward in the fast paced, dynamic environment; stays abreast of HR best practices, and develops/implements in conjunction with sr. leadership peers.
- Provides management oversight to all human resources staff to implement and evaluate programs and plans that result in increased organizational effectiveness and leadership engagement.
- Ensures that appropriate service levels are provided to all business units by the HR team. Participates in or leads organization-wide performance improvement initiatives and oversees all HR activities to support those efforts.
- Creates annual HR goals and objectives to support the annual Strategic Business Plan; will present to Board of Directors and/or Compensation Committee throughout the year as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the HR Directors and their activities across all entities within the organization and acts as a role model for the Directors and their teams.
- Clearly identifies priorities for the HR department and ensures sufficient resources are available to complete work efficiently and effectively; develops annual budget and manages compliance for same.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Health Administration, Business or other related field preferred. SPHR, SHRM-SCP or other advanced certification desired.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive human resources experience and five years management experience including:
o Proven success developing strong relationships with Senior Leadership to collaborate on operational initiatives and improvements.
o Proven success building and maintaining positive working relationships with senior management, employees, managers, executives, board members and other stakeholders.
o Successful development and implementation of progressive initiatives in compensation and benefits, recruitment and retention, employee relations, training and development, performance management and other operational improvements.
o Extensive experience in an SEIU environment
o Significant experience with Human Resources Information Systems, and payroll, and systems implementation challenges.
o Proven knowledge of HR concepts, laws, regulation and practices.
- 5 years’ experience in a multi-unit healthcare organization (preferred).
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of human resources processes, procedures, and practices, as applicable to a 24/7 services organization.