Graduate Medicine Education Administrative Coordinator
- Job Title
- Graduate Medicine Education Administrative Coordinator
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a GME Administrative Coordinator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The GME Administrative Coordinator:
The purpose of this position is to provide professional/administrative support to Howard University's Graduate Medical Education Division (GME). In addition to assisting and maintaining the daily aspects of all HUH programs’ accreditation statues
- Assists and facilitates the strategy and implementation of contracts, affiliation agreements and other initiatives designed to promote the furtherance of GME initiatives and reputation.
- Maintain and keep up with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements. Assist with the implementation of policies/procedures to ensure institutional compliance.
- Assists with the development of GME policies, procedures, educational curriculum and orientation for Residency Program Coordinator(s).
- Assists with maintaining protocols related to ACGME and HUH Guidelines for resident activity.
- Serves as a liaison for the Residency Program Coordinators to ensure knowledge of and compliance with procedures and assignments in support of Graduate Medical Education.
- Schedules, compiles and maintains documents for resident grievances.
- Consults with the GME Director to create, distribute, compile and maintain documents related to internal reviews of the accredited and non-accredited programs under the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, as well as the Institutional Review.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
Qualified Candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, public administration, health affairs, health education or hospital administration preferred at least one year relevant experience in higher or educational setting
- At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, or three (3) years of substance administrative experience, preferably in an academic environment or accreditation training program.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (12-25lbs), climb, bend, pull, push, reach, handle, write, type, file, speak, hear, see (depth perception, color vision), calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret and organize for an extended period of time.