- Job Title
- Development Director
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges. Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors, STEM and more. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
Development Director – Corporate & Foundations
As the Development Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing programs for cultivating and stewarding major gift relationships, focusing on corporations and institutional foundations within the framework of council policies, standards, goals, objectives and budget.
Development Director responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategy to establish and grow a major gifts fundraising function with emphasis on Corporate Donors and Foundations.
- Participate in the development of a strategy to improve acquisition, renewal and pledge fulfillment rates.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit potential major donors,
- Explore new avenues of funding, develop funding alliances and pursue opportunities to build partnerships.
- Steward major donors to a higher level of giving.
- Develop strategy and seek planned giving and endowment gifts.
- Supervise the Grants Administration and Development Managers.
- Collaborate with the Chief External Affairs Officer in developing a communication strategy for major gifts.
- Assist in development and implementation of annual department budget and long-term strategic plan.
- Provide support to the Chief External Affairs Officer and others within the department as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with emphasis in social sciences, marketing, or business
- 5-7 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience evidencing competency in writing, research, fund development, budget development and administration.
- Knowledge of technology tools including Microsoft Office 354 and Blackbaud Raisers Edge.
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. Our current full time employee benefit package includes Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D, Educational Assistance, Commuter Benefits, Paid Time Off/Vacation, Paid Company Holidays, and more. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council fosters belonging and respect for all girls. We empower all girls, volunteers and staff to fulfill their potential and make the world a better place. Our Girl Scout Promise drives us to provide diverse, equitable and inclusive experiences where all girls, volunteers and staff are confident they belong. We stand firm in these commitments and united by these ideals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.