Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Accounts Payable Manager
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Manager
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team.
Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Reports to: Controller
Location: Central Florida
The Accounts Payable Manager manages all accounts payable activities for the Company, ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers, and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Develop, manage and maintain T&E Policy
- Oversee FCC Form 499 filings
- Oversee Cash Management and Cash forecasting process, assist Controller and CFO to manage the Company’s liquidity on a weekly basis.
- Assist, guide, and instruct support staff on non-routine policy interpretations or transaction problems which require resolutions.
- Maintain various fiscal information, files, and records for providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Perform supervisory functions for the accounts payable department, including interviewing and recommending the hiring of new staff members; providing or arranging for training for staff; evaluating staff performance; and recommending personnel actions to ensure adequate and competent staffing.
- Reconcile and review a variety of accounts and reports for ensuring accuracy.
- Assist with month-end closing process, provide accurate and clear documentation for monthly expense accruals.
- Ability to solve technical and non-technical accounting problems related to AP.
- Ability to implement new expense report software, or other AP ERP system with limited supervision.
- Collaborating with the Operations teams to develop and implement process improvements for utilities and payments.
- Maintains and enforces proper A/P policies, practices, and internal controls to ensure company assets are safeguarded
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years full-cycle AP experience including month-end procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills required (including pivot tables/VLOOKUP)
- Proficiency in accounting software including GL, A/P, Fixed Assets, and purchasing/inventory modules preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus
- Working knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent written, verbal and organization skills required
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple team members
- Maintain solid working relationship with other departments (i.e. purchasing, receiving)
- Flexibility to work mandatory overtime to meet business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.