Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
- Job Title
- Headend Engineer
- Job ID
- ORLANDO, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Headend Engineer to join our Central Florida team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Headend Engineer
Report to: Headend Manager
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Central Florida
The Headend Engineer’s primary responsibility will be assisting with the management and maintenance of fiber optic transport and RF delivery networks for the company’s video and data products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for HFC and RF optical transport networks
· Work with fiber plant personnel to maximize use of existing and future fiber facilities
· Continual development of an all-digital headend, including TVRO’s, equipment racking, provisioning, and testing
· Create and maintain accurate documentation of existing and future hub site deployments to include physical and logical diagrams
· Maintain a very high standard of wiring management from both a network and cosmetic perspective
· Maintain integrity of forward and reverse combining networks at the headend and remote POP’s
· Perform technical evaluations of emerging technologies to support our Technology Roadmap
· Actively perform RF troubleshooting and training
· Manage the CMTS’s from an RF perspective
· Install, align and maintain headend based optical transmitters and receivers for the HFC network
· Install and configure equipment for new product launches including GPON FTTH
· Perform conversion of HFC to GPON FTTH properties
· Complete FCC proof-of‐performance, CLI testing as required and file necessary reports
· Bachelor’s Degree in an electrical engineering discipline or related technology field or equivalent industry certifications required
· Seven years’ experience in a telecommunications signal processing environment
· Two years’ experience in an IPTV or Cable headend/data center/central office environment
· Understanding of IPTV, IP multicast, video codecs, and standards
· Wiring and wire management skills mainly copper, CAT5/CAT6, Coaxial
· Understanding of TCP/IP, and IP addressing.
· Understanding of ASI, SDI, HDMI, RF splitters, Satellite bands
· Experience with MPEG/TS Analyzers, packet capture software
· Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
· Advanced Microsoft office skills including Visio
· Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.