- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Lihue, HI 96766
- Other Location
Individual supports Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) with software engineering services associated with the development and maintenance of complex computer programs and applications associated with PMRF’s complex instrumentation and infrastructure systems. These services include participating in meetings and telcons at/with PMRF and other DoD government agencies and contractors associated with these software engineering services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Converts information in various documents describing requirements, operational procedures, and/or written specifications to design, develop, code, test, evaluate, and debug computer programs and applications by applying structured software engineering analysis, mathematics, and programming techniques.
- Collaborates with customers, team members, and/or users of the computer program and/or application to identify and resolve questions of software intent, data inputs, data output, and requirements for internal software checks and controls.
- Develops software design documentation for computer programs and/or applications which describe the software’s design, architecture, functionality, and implementation.
- Develops manuals for computer program and/or application users to describe the basic installation and operating procedures for the computer program and/or application.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools to identify and diagnoses complex computer program and/or application problems and factors affecting the software’s operational performance and/or related network performance.
- Performs cyber security vulnerability and risk analyses of computer programs and/or applications during all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Installs and integrates computer programs and/or applications, as well as new software releases, system upgrades, and patches; evaluates software performance; and resolves software related problems.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and implements software code such as, C, C++, Java, Python, HTML, and Visual Basic, to support software development requirements.
- Participates in various levels of meetings, working groups, technical interchanges, telcons, etc., associated with software computer programs and/or applications being developed.
- Generates programmatic material as required, e.g., meeting announcements, agendas, minutes, action items, schedules, presentations, memorandums, etc. using Microsoft (MS) Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and/or Outlook e-mail.
- Evaluates new and existing computer software products, tools, IT systems to identify evolving technologies that may be applicable to current or future software engineering tasking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent field of study.
- Security + (or equivalent)
- Operating System Certification (e.g., Microsoft, Linux, etc.)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of software coding and structuring (e.g., C+, C++, Python, Pearl, Java, Visual Basic, etc.), various types of databases (e.g., SQL, Oracle), Microsoft Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems (OS) for computers and software development applications and architectures.
- Experience in data analysis including a solid foundation in researching, organizing, evaluating, and generating coherent recommendations and presentation material related to computer program development and/or maintenance requirements.
- Basic knowledge of LAN and WAN protocols, router/switch configurations, network operations, and crypto equipment used on DoD networks.
- Individual needs to be a self-starter, able to work effectively on an individual basis and/or as part of a team; requires limited to no supervision.
- Individual must have excellent English communication skills both verbally and written.
- Individual needs an excellent knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Individual must be able to successfully pass the required drug screening.
- SECRET Security Clearance is required.
- Master’s Degree in a technical field.
- Certification Information System Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- Experience working with Naval Research Labs Simulation Display (SIMDIS), PlotX/Y, and NAWC WD’s Common Display System (CDS)
- 5 years of experience working at a PMRF.
- 5 years working knowledge and experience with PMRF’s software applications used in its Real Time Computer Center (RTCC), MRSS on MATSS, and/or Telemetry