Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Facilities and Fleet Supervisor
- Job Title
- Facilities and Fleet Supervisor
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Facilities Supervisor to join our team.
Job Title: Facilities and Fleet Supervisor
Status: Full-Time/ Exempt
Reports to: Accounting Operations Manager
Location: Orlando, FL
With a strong, solid background in facilities repairs, maintenance, and OSHA compliance, the Facilities Supervisor will take ownership of Summit Broadband current and new facilities in all regions (offices, warehouse, store fronts, parking lots, and any additional facilities leased/owned by Summit Broadband).
- Assist with planning of and monitor progress on projects involving Facilities as assigned for existing and new offices
- Work with all departments to facilitate their needs for facilities and fleet.
- Responsible for contract activities required for the proper care and maintenance of buildings.
- Oversee vendor activities related to scheduling and work progress to ensure quality of work
- Experience in performing quality control checks on vendor and employee work activities
- Supervise and measure vendor performance for cleaning and landscaping. Propose improvements or means to economize.
- Function as the contact person for all facility and fleet services
- Front line responsibility for all contactors and vendors regarding facility and fleet operations
- Maintain fleet, fuel card and telematics data bases.
- Communicate with all vendors i.e. telephone, video surveillance, electrician, etc.
- Maintain repair methods for all facility components
- Schedule repairs, maintenance, and cleaning with vendors as necessary
- Administrative and follow up skills to achieve successful maintenance and repair programs
- Maintain overall inventory and purchasing of cleaning and supplies
- Ensure all facilities follow all OSHA regulations and participate in Safety Committee
- Ensure that facilities meet government regulations for environmental, health and security standards.
- Maintain security and general administration of facilities.
- Advise on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Propose metrics and measure effectiveness in achieving goals
- Work within budgetary/ financial objectives set by management
- Recruiting, hiring, and managing team members
- Implementing and setting operational standards for staff to follow
- Develop and mentor staff
- Develop and maintain the policies and procedures manual
- Special projects as directed
- Experience with construction management and activities (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in maintaining/repairing building and/or facility with two years in a supervisory role
- Must be available to respond to building emergencies 24x7
- Able to analyze data with an operational understanding to identify, prevent, and solve problems
- Medium competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Reliable transportation to facilitate regional travel
- Valid driving license and clean driving record required
- “Hands on” approach to all tasks
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
- Proven appreciation of customer service expectations and cost demands of the business
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly;
- Must pass a criminal background and drug test;
- Position is in Orlando, Florida; however, frequent travel within Florida will be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.