Manager / Senior Manager, Program Management
- Job Title
- Manager / Senior Manager, Program Management
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Boston, MA 02108
- Other Location
The Project Manager will be responsible for the integration of strategy into the global development plan and provide operational leadership to the drug development team by working with functional and therapeutic area partners, team representatives, and Project/Program Director to deliver robust, fit for purpose plans. Additionally, you will monitor and control the execution of the plans through their lifecycle while identifying and communicating issues and risks and developing mitigation plans.
The Project Manager will support the planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting of activities and milestones of the drug development programs. S/he will also provide scenario planning to support robust decision making through in-depth analysis of program activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Project Plan Preparation, Management, Maintenance, Monitoring, and Alignment
- Accountable to and works with the Project Leader, Project Team, Program/Project Director and external partners to translate the strategy into a robust, competitive development plan of key cross-functional program related activities and milestones with clear go/no go decision points and associated milestones including critical path and sub-functional plans
- Defines opportunities for acceleration and manages the assumptions regarding human resources, costs, risk, schedule required to accomplish certain gains in time to next milestone
- Proactively identifies and escalates business issues and considers options to manage implications and risks on project timelines, budgets, and goals.
- Monitors progress against approved project plans noting deviations and suggesting corrective actions
- Integrates activities with all functional lines to create alignment of program development plans with functional area plans
- Ensures source systems reflect the current project plan assumptions to enable integrated planning across the organization and tracks performance against baseline and current plan
- Assists in preparation of documents including detailed reports, timelines, and slide decks for key governance meetings including meetings to decide on milestones and decision points
- Assists in preparing strategic scenario analyses to achieve time or resource advantages
- Identifies and manages project budget and resource requirements and anticipated variability (people, time, cost, risk)
- Manage program-level team and/or sub-team meetings
- Documents clear decisions/actions (minutes) that are communicated to team members and stakeholders
- Integrates compliance requirements into team operations
- Utilizes effective communication skills to facilitate appropriate information exchange
- Continuously enhances personal understanding and application of program management tools and methodologies in the pharmaceutical industry and other industries
- Participates in process improvement initiatives and brings in external perspective and industry standard practices
- Performs project and program level data analyses and reporting, as needed
- Conducts periodic health checks to ensure quality of project planning and control.
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical R&D or related industry experience
- Basic knowledge of multi-disciplinary bio/pharmaceutical drug development required
- Exceptional computer proficiency – advanced knowledge of and experience with MS-Office applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
- Oncology project management experience a plus
- Experience with biologic drug development and biologic manufacturing processes a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and EQ
- Undergraduate degree / advanced degree in life science or business
- Direct experience in bio/pharmaceutical program planning
- PMP certification
- Strong experience with Planisware and/or MS Project
- Background in risk, budget, and resource management
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and stakeholders with competing priorities.
AVEO Oncology (“AVEO”) is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company committed to providing innovative solutions to improve cancer patients lives. On January 20, 2023, AVEO was acquired by LG Chem, Ltd. (“LG Chem”), establishing a U.S. commercial presence for LG Chem and expanding LG Chem’s global oncology portfolio. AVEO continues to commercialize FOTIVDA® (tivozanib) in the U.S. To learn more about FOTIVDA efficacy, safety, and relevant resources, visit FOTIVDAHCP.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.