Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician II
- Job Title
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician II
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Job Title: NOC Technician II
Department: Network Operations Center
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Senior Manager, NOC
The NOC Technician II primary functions include monitoring Summit Broadband network infrastructure, investigating alarms down to root cause for repair or dispatch and providing second level support and training for Network Operation Center Technician I. Creating trouble tickets for tracking purposes, handling after-hours callouts and escalations as part of an on-call rotation, implementing outage restoration procedures and assist in tracking of scheduled network maintenance. Please note that this position is an in-office position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
- Train entry-level technicians to a basic understanding of Summit Broadband Network and Equipment
- Provides support and assistance to NOC Technician I’s
- Upgrade of Network Elements as necessary
- Performs configuration backups of network equipment as necessary
- Assists with customer notifications and other change management activities as necessary
- Prepares operations review and leads the change management call in the absence of the Change Coordinator
- Assists with preparing SLA monthly reporting as necessary
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on service failures as necessary
- Perform on going audit and update of alarm response instructions and enter into Network Management Systems
- Perform routine updates to the Network Management System enrichment database table
- Maintain surveillance of network at all times
- Correlates and troubleshoots alarms collected by NOC monitoring tools. Identify root cause of trouble and resolve, dispatch or escalate as required
- Maintain integrity of Network Management System by referring erroneous alarms to responsible parties
- Troubleshoots issues that are reported by Cell Site Backhaul customers, Carriers, SLA customers and commercial high speed data customers to resolution.
- Assists field operations with troubleshooting and resolving customer/network related issues.
- Provide support for the Call Center(s)
- Provide additional technical support for other internal organizations
- Answer phones promptly
- Create tickets for all network troubles
- Assists in completion of scheduled network maintenance
- Track and communicate outages via Incident Management application in a timely and effective manner
- Work non-traditional work schedules covering 7 x 24 x 365 operations
- Perform after-hours callouts and escalations
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the proper operation of the NOC
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative to the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years of Telecommunications or related industry experience
- One year of NOC Experience
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting high speed data services to include small office & home networking, PC network configurations and Email delivery
- Working knowledge of HFC, Fiber and Copper plant
- Metro-Ethernet devices and circuitry
- VLAN operations
- TCP/IP, PPPoE and cable modems
- DOCSIS 2.0/3.0 and Packet Cable standards
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as lead small, directed projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs including Project and Visio
- Must be Juniper JNCIA certified
- Cisco certifications (CCNA) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Sub-netting and layer 3 routing protocols : RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, MPLS and BGP
- Knowledge of IP and RF video distribution architectures
- Experience in troubleshooting TDM, WDM, DWDM, SONET
- Experience in troubleshooting ATM, DSL, ADSL
- Must be able to pass criminal background and drug test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.