Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor
- Job Title
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Network Operations Center Supervisor to join our Network Engineering Team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Network Operations Center Supervisor
Reports to: Sr. Manager Network Operations Center
Location: Central or Southwest, Florida
Position Summary: The Network Operations Center Supervisor position plays an important role within Summit Broadband, it represents an experienced professional with a strong leadership and technical skills. This position is critical to the team and will be the hands on leader for the 24x7 NOC that owns the state of the network, services, and our customers. The NOC Supervisor is responsible for driving NOC KPIs and Incident Management Process. They are responsible for assisting and supporting the NOC Techs with incidents, outage resolution, escalations, dispatches, shift management, reporting, and training. They will also play an instrumental role in driving process improvements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises a staff of 14 people monitoring Summit Broadband Network on 24x7 basis
- Manages employee Personal Time Off and Emergency Leave to ensure Shift Coverage is maintained
- Provides initial training to new employees before they are put on shift
- Provides training as necessary when new Systems/Services are integrated into the network
- Performs yearly certification of employees to confirm their competence to perform the tasks at hand
- Develop Procedural Documentation for staff and provides recommended changes for documentation outside of their area responsibility
- Develops reports on staff workload and identifies risks
- * All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP technology including IP addressing, subnet masking
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network issues in both a LAN and large WAN environment
- Knowledge of the Command Line interface for Juniper, Nokia, and Ciena
- Knowledge of performing traceroutes, executing ping test, performing/evaluating data captures
- Knowledge of Voice Communications systems and services specifically when routed over an IP infrastructure
- Knowledge of Video delivery systems and IPTV
- Knowledge of common test equipment and techniques to troubleshoot both Voice and Data communications
- Basic knowledge of Linux distributions
- Knowledge of all tools in the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio)
- Existing Supervisorial experience in a high-paced NOC environment
- Knowledge of Meta Voice Switching platform
- Holder of one or more network certifications CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, etc.
Education and Experience: BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must be able to use hands and fingers to use tools and manipulate equipment. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, ability to adjust focus and to see colors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Summit Broadband participates in the E-Verify program.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.