Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
- Job Title
- Headend Manager
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Southwest Florida
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Headend Manager to join our Network Engineering Team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Headend Manager
Reports to: Network Engineering
Location: Central Florida or Southwest Florida
Position Summary: Position is accountable for the 24x7 performance and maintenance of the IPTV, video headend, hub sites, all optical facilities and all equipment located within each facility. The Headend Manager is responsible for proper operation of all equipment located within the headend, hub and OTN facilities in accordance with company guidelines and local, state and federal regulations. Manager also has supervisory responsibilities for Headend Engineers. It is strongly recommended that the Headend Manager reside within the plant to optimally fulfill job responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions: * Performs for the on-going and preventive maintenance, repair and installation of all video, headend, hub and OTN sites 24 x 7. Monitors equipment performance to ensure proper functionality in compliance with manufacturer specifications and company specifications.
* Ensures effective operation and proper maintenance of all headend-related equipment and peripherals including but not limited to, dishes, generators, air conditioners, receivers, modulators, processors, optical transmitters, optical receivers, digital receivers, digital transmitters, encoding equipment, controllers, ad insertion, wiring, combining networks, fiber management, digital transport, EAS equipment, set-top controllers, character generators and all related PEG insertion/transmission equipment.
* Maintains of integrity and security of headend, hub and OTN facilities in compliance with company guidelines.
* Coordinates trouble-shooting activities with field personnel as necessary to provide expedient restoration of services and excellent customer service.
* Reviews proposed construction plans and schematic drawings to ensure that proposals are compatible with existing equipment and adhere to company specifications.
* Directs and supervises the activities of outside contractors related to headend facilities.
* Recommends and implements changes in engineering, design, and operations of headend facilities as well as construction of new facilities.
* Implements and coordinates relocation of headend and hub equipment as required.
* Directs, tracks and coordinates testing and inspecting of equipment for operational performance.
* Implements preventive maintenance procedures, activities and tracking to ensure performance and compliance with company guidelines.
* Prepares and maintains budget and forecasting data. Reports and recommends courses of action to management.
* Responsible for direct supervision of Headend Engineer employees assigned to the Headend function including: participation in the interviewing/hiring/training process, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervisory duties will be conducted within Company standards and procedures and within federal and state laws.
* All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software. Good communication and analytical skills. Good problem solving skills.
Education and Experience: High School Degree or equivalent; one-year certificate from college or technical school in telecommunications or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years of experience in headend operations is required and supervisory experience is preferred. Must have the ability to read and understand engineering prints as they pertain to Headend facilities and Hub sites. A working knowledge of TCP/IP networks is required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must be able to use hands and fingers to use tools and manipulate equipment. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, ability to adjust focus and to see colors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Summit Broadband participates in the E-Verify program.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.