Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Sr. Manager, Hospitality & WIFI
- Job Title
- Sr. Manager, Hospitality & WIFI
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Sr. Manager, Hospitality & Wifi Architecture to join our Architecture Team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Hospitality & WiFi
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: SVP, Architecture
Location: Central Florida (supporting both Southwest and Central Florida regions)
The Sr. Manager, Hospitality & Wifi Architecture is an expert level engineering leader within the company serving as the subject matter expert of hospitality and WiFi architecture for Summit Broadband. As a result, this position is responsible for growth, maintenance, optimization, documentation, and troubleshooting the company's hospitality and WiFi network issues to resolution, serving as the highest escalation level during troubleshooting as well as the lead engineer, assigning duties to other engineers and technicians during complex network augmentation projects and maintaining a high level of network resiliency resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction.
This is a project leadership and hands-on position that includes ensuring network reliability, optimal network performance, network redundancies, monitoring network performance in addition to performing network maintenance and upgrades.
In addition, capacity management, network administration, advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution are key accountabilities for this position. Ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to effectively lead and delegate tasks, coach technical topics successfully, multi-task projects, be an excellent problem solver and lead end to end technical projects to completion, sometimes in areas that are new with little prior experience.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and strategic roadmap realization of our existing Multi Service Operator (MSO) provider hospitality and WiFi network including residential mesh, commercial and hospitality solutions. This is a carrier grade, high availability (HA) network designed to meet 99.999% (five nines) reliability.
- Duties include the highest level of complex network trouble resolution, capacity planning, implementing ongoing network architecture improvements in an MSO/carrier environment, and making internal technology recommendations to management.
- Work with a team, leading other Network/Headend Engineers and technicians, to perform new technology implementations. Must be able to take complex architectures and break them down to instruct other Network/Headend Engineers and technicians with tasks within the project.
- Must also train and educate other Engineers on the hospitality and WiFi networks.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and to anticipate end-to-end hospitality and WiFi network infrastructure needs.
- Prepares, maintains documentation, and establishes the standards of documentation for network architecture, topology, and network configurations.
- Provides direction and oversight to maintenance activities for hospitality video & WiFi infrastructure.
- Performs analysis of hospitality and WiFi network needs and contributes to design of associated architecture, integration, and installation. Must be able to take results of the analysis and direct further action for capacity augmentation or network resiliency needs.
- Performs virtual and on premise site surveys to support solution development as part of the sales process.
- Assist operations Engineers with root cause analysis after system failures as needed.
- Monitors and manages network resources and storage capacity across the hospitality and WiFi networks.
- Work internally and externally with Engineering support team(s) and/or partners as part of a networking consultancy to solve problems or create new architectures or customer solutions. Serves as focal point for hospitality and WiFi engineering department from the highest-level technical support perspective.
- Develop, maintain and document processes and procedures.
- 10 years related experience in troubleshooting and repairing network and telecommunications equipment in a service provider network.
- Understanding of IP networking concepts.
- Experience with hospitality video including Pro:idiom encryption.
- Experience with hospitality interactive guide platforms to include LodgeNet, Sonifi, and Enseo.
- Experience with hospitality video mapping platforms including FMA, REACH, USB cloning, and manual channel map building.
- Experience with video RF to include QAM, Analog, and off air technologies from reception to distribution.
- Experience with WiFi technology to include 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax standards.
- Experience with RF transmission characteristics including links budget calculations, predictive analysis, and proof of performance.
- Experience with WiFi planning tools to include Zoneplanner and Ekahau.
- Experience with maintaining and implementing hospitality and WiFi architecture security.
- Expert level experience with video RF to include QAM, Analog, and off-air technologies from reception to distribution and associated test and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to multitask projects and document it in a knowledge base.
- Ability to monitor, meet, or exceed company SLA targets.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Travel with overnight stay may be required.
- Flexible work hours required i.e. shift work and/or after hours (maintenance window). Must be able to respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Summit Broadband participates in the E-Verify program.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program