- Job Title
- Corporate Controller
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Boston, MA 02108
- Other Location
Reports to: CFO
Location: Boston, MA/ On-Site at least 3 times a Week
The Controller is an integral member of the Finance team who is a key contributor in supporting internal and external SEC financial reporting, audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations. The Assistant Controller must be detail oriented, organized, able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and flexible to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must possess a “can do” attitude and willingness to roll up his / her sleeves.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, including an Accounts Payable Clerk.
- Assist in the establishment and compliance with accounting policies, processes and internal controls in accordance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Manage timely and accurate monthly financial closings and financial statement preparation in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including the preparation of monthly closing binders.
- Coordinate with internal departments regarding cost estimates for certain R&D and G&A accruals.
- Provide key support in the preparation for annual audits and quarterly financial reviews by the external auditing firm E&Y, and manage the related fieldwork.
- Provide key support in the preparation for SOX compliance testing by the consulting firm RSM and E&Y, and manage the related fieldwork.
- Provide key support in the preparation of annual 10K and quarterly 10Q SEC filings.
- Prepare partnership invoices and supporting documentation for cost sharing, expense reimbursements, milestones and other payments.
- Manage stock option grants, exercises, tracking and reporting in the stock option system E-Trade, as well as Black-Scholes stock option valuations and stock compensation expense calculations.
- Manage employee expense reimbursements via the Concur system.
- Lead the annual 401K plan audit by external auditors.
- Partner with the Senior IT Manager to provide system administrative support for Great Plains and E-Trade.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual proxy statement SEC filing.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of annual federal and state tax returns.
- Assist in 401K plan administration by the Finance department.
- Assist the Manager of Human Resources and Administrative Services in payroll processing management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- 5+ years of accounting experience with experience in the life sciences industry preferred
- Experience in supporting external audits and quarterly reviews, and SOX compliance testing required
- Great Plains and Equity Edge experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and ensure the accuracy and completeness in all work product deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a “can do” attitude and willingness to roll-up sleeves
- Strong communication skills with an internal and external customer focus
- Continuous mindset for process and efficiency improvements
AVEO Oncology (“AVEO”) is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company committed to providing innovative solutions to improve cancer patients lives. On January 20, 2023, AVEO was acquired by LG Chem, Ltd. (“LG Chem”), establishing a U.S. commercial presence for LG Chem and expanding LG Chem’s global oncology portfolio. AVEO continues to commercialize FOTIVDA® (tivozanib) in the U.S. To learn more about FOTIVDA efficacy, safety, and relevant resources, visit FOTIVDAHCP.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.