- Job Title
- Team Leader
- Job ID
- Lakewood, NJ
- Other Location
accupac is hiring for a full-time Team Leader to join our Lakewood, NJ facility.
Team Leader Basic Job Functions:
Responsible for the safe and successful operation of assigned production lines in compliance with quality standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, company SOP’s and corporate policy while maintaining established production quotas.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Team Leader level and compensation will be determined by successful completion and verification of levels in the Team Leader Skill Level Chart.
- Report to work at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled shift.
- Follow line check-in procedures as specified in SOP’s # QA0012 and PK0008.
- Verify that the correct batch code is being printed on product by checking product drums or tanks supplying the line.
- Verify that the package being produced is accurate according to customer specifications.
- Assist the Packaging Supervisor in packaging line audits as needed.
- Ensure that waste is kept within acceptable limits, offering suggestions for waste reduction, when possible.
- Ensure that all assigned Line Workers and Material Handlers are working efficiently and safely.
- Ensure that materials are being handled in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, SOP’s and current company policies.
- Operate production lines so to achieve or exceed production standards for the output per man-hour and per line-hour.
- Adjust machinery as necessary within parameters of training/ability.
- Complete and affix Finished Goods tickets to pallets.
- Complete and submit all required production documentation in compliance with cGMP and verify accuracy of all information.
- Apprise Packaging Supervisor of relevant information regarding employee performance, machinery, safety and quality
- Monitor the state of other packaging lines as needed.
- Interact with customers who are in attendance for line tests and new product start-ups.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- The ability to discern test and inspection criteria from a written production specification
- Demonstrated arithmetic skills, knowledge of basic mathematics
- The ability to record all required data accurately and neatly
- Working knowledge with the use of balances, torque meters, vacuum/seal strength testers and computers
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- The ability to be flexible to changing requirements and duties of the position
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Motivational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of machine operations
- The ability to work effectively in high pressure situations
- Visual acuity to read, inspect and match batch codes
- Visual acuity, either with or without corrective lenses, to discern small product defects at arm’s length.
- Dexterity sufficient to keep pace with high-speed line
- Strength sufficient to lift, push and palletize boxes of finished product, as needed
- The ability to stand on concrete floors for full shift period
- The ability to sit for full shift period
- The ability to hear speech and/or alarms through plant noise
- Peripheral vision
- The ability to recognize colors
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- The ability to walk within the confines of the facility
- The ability to bend/kneel in order to verify components and line purgations
- The ability to work overtime as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Education and/or Experience: Must have a high school diploma or GED. Prefer previous experience working in a manufacturing environment and working as a supervisor.
We manufacture, fill, and package personal care and beauty care products for companies around the world. Specializing in product launches, superior quality assurance, and excellent customer service. We are passionate makers, blending proven expertise with forward-thinking innovation to help clients meet the changing needs of consumers across the globe. We pride ourselves on our 3 core values.
We Begin with the Customer in Mind. At Accupac, we are here for our customers. We begin each project with the customer in mind, and focus on their goals, their needs, and their products.
We Are Problem Solvers. Our knowledge is what drives our business. When a client has a problem, we solve it. We work together, ask questions, and do the right thing.
We Love What We Do. We are passionate makers because we love what we do. Everyone at Accupac is accountable for their part in our client’s products, and never settle for second best.
We believe our most valued resource is the people we work with. Most of our positions offer the following employee benefits:
Competitive Salary Package
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vested Company Match Contribution
Paid Holidays, Sick, and Personal Time
Health Savings Accounts
Life Insurance with Optional Supplemental Plan
Short- and Long-Term Paid Disability
Health Advocacy Programs
Ready to be a maker? Apply today for a career at Accupac!
- Required Skills
Team Leader Position Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED
Visual acuity to read, inspect and match batch codes
Visual acuity, either with or without corrective lenses, to discern minor product defects at arm’s length.
Dexterity sufficient to keep pace with high-speed line
Ability to lift, push and palletize boxes of the finished product, as needed (up to 40lbs)
Ability to stand on concrete floors for an entire shift period
Ability to sit for a whole shift period