- Job Title
- Cost Accountant
- Job ID
- Utica, NY
- Other Location
POSITION: Cost Accountant
TYPE: Full-time, Salary
LOCATION: Utica, NY
SUMMARY: Our client, a local materials manufacturing company, is looking for an experienced Cost Accountant to join their Financial Accounting team. The Cost Accountant is responsible for providing routine and complex cost accounting analysis & reporting on a global basis. This position is also responsible for day-to-day cost accounting activities, month end close journal entries, cost variance analysis, setting standard costs, special project work, and driving process improvements.
This company is a major supplier for the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. In addition to being a major economic force in Central New York, the company also has global technical support throughout China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S. They are an employee-focused organization which offers tremendous opportunity for growth along with competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO.
- Maintain product costing responsibilities with careful attention to financial software configurations.
- Maintain the administration of the ERP inventory system and costing setup.
- Apply corporate financial policies, company controls, and cost accounting procedures and analysis in compliance with US GAAP.
- Maintain standard labor and overhead rates in software tables.
- Review standard costs and margins.
- Prepare and post all journal entries to the General Ledger associated with inventory, cost of goods sold, and inventory reserves.
- Reconcile all inventory related General Ledger accounts and record inventory cycle count adjustments.
- Maintain and support all Cost Accounting documentation for internal, statutory, and government compliance.
- Summarize and communicate costing analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Serve as a business partner with supply chain leadership to evaluate operational efficiency and performance.
- Partner with operations on product costing and margin review.
- Provide support to annual audits, tax and bank reporting.
- Support global transfer price setting and maintenance.
- Perform various ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CMA and/or CPA certification strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Cost Accounting experience including setting standards, inventory costing, overhead rate and reserve calculations, subsidiary ledger to GL reconciliations, and hands-on ERP system integration.
- Multi-currency and multi-site experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
- Knowledge of FIFO, LIFO and standard cost systems and practices
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Advanced in Excel; demonstrated experience creating and managing complex spreadsheets,
- including pivot tables
- Ability to work independently with verbal or written instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills and team focus
M3 Placement and Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.