Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
Sr. Application Database Administrator-Hybrid 2 x a week in office
- Job Title
- Sr. Application Database Administrator-Hybrid 2 x a week in office
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20005
- Other Location
Provides design, builds, enhances, monitors, optimizes and supports database development and some administration in a controlled Linux environment in the AWS Cloud. Experience in database migration from Oracle to Postgres. Used to working in a controlled environment and following procedures. Ensures maximum security, availability and performance of the database systems while ensuring IT general controls are strong and enforced. Develops database scripts for migrating and extracting data. Performs database administration tasks such as backups and performance tuning. The work involves about 65%-70% database development and about 30%-35% database administration. Assists data analysts with research requests and with determining the cause and extent of problems when they occur. Helps to make recommendations to improve processes and procedures. Must have great communication skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Postgres (AWS Aurora)
- AWS Cloud
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Migrate existing Oracle databases to Postgres
- Develop data migration scripts, stored procedures, views, functions
- Troubleshoot performance issues and assist with resolution
- Develops, documents and rolls out standard process for implementing database and system patch upgrades and new database environment builds via CI/CD pipeline
- Operate databases in AWS Cloud to support research and analysis.
- Defines, refines, and standardizes database performance and tuning practices.
- Refines and manages baseline configurations for the company's database environment.
- Automates routine database functions to ensure accuracy and minimize costs.
- Establishes and practices a consistent database backup and recovery practice that complies with the backup and retention policies and business continuity practices.
- Performs migration of corporate database systems.
- Develops and follows upgrade procedures to ensure consistency within all databases.
- Conducts performance testing and reports on impact of Oracle and Postgres upgrades on applications.
- Maintains detailed database architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Provides 24x7 operational support of corporate production databases on a rotating schedule.
- Performs routine production database and application maintenance tasks on a rotating basis.
- Provides database technical support for Technology and Application Delivery projects to include, but not limited to analysis of database design and schema, database environment provisioning, security assessments, database build executions, database application performance testing/tuning and supporting project deployments.
- Leads and manages all database aspects of the assigned technology delivery project.
- Provides technical input to software developers and end users in the areas of database capabilities, performance and best practices.
- Stays current with AWS database services and capabilities.
- Recommends, creates, and follows all relevant policies and procedures to operate a controlled production environment.
- Leads and manages database development and some administration activities as assigned by the Lead Database Developer/Administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ten or more years of related experience with other DBMS software including PostgreSQL and Oracle. Must possess some knowledge of Oracle DBA administration, Oracle clusters, Golden Gate, database/application tuning, and recovery in 19c. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Postgres and PL/SQL development and IT General Controls. AWS and Oracle Certifications desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and provide 24x7 support to ensure continuous market presence. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, write detailed reports, business correspondence, system requirement documents, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and staff. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and deal with an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Ability to identify, research and present technical solutions to management and stakeholders for action.
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in various industries and sizes help us find the right opportunity for our candidates. We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits, and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CC Pace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.
Get social with us, when you follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter you will be first to see our latest job postings and updates. Know someone who would be interested in one of our positions? Refer them and you can earn a bonus through our Referral Program. EEOC Know Your Rights Employee Rights Poster Pay Transparency Provisions