Option 2: Create a New Profile
Make Ready Engineer
- Job Title
- Make Ready Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Other Location
Job Title: Make Ready Engineer
Business Unit: CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, CHC Consulting is a full-service engineering consulting firm within the telecommunications industry. CHC Consulting provides comprehensive, turn-key professional services in the areas of fielding, engineering design, permitting, project management, process development, and staffing to a range of Blue Chip clients across the United States. CHC Consulting specializes in Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering and has a large footprint in the West, Midwest, and Southwest regions.
Responsible for the engineering and design of the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines. Responsible for reviewing utility poles and performing make ready engineering work that complies with the NESC and/or local safety regulations.*100% Remote
*This position will carry a heavy emphasis on the Quality Control of MRE design and production.
*We are seeking candidates with strong demonstrable NESC knowledge.
*Proven hands-on experience with OCalc, Katapult, and SPANS highly desired.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost effective engineered design for construction to place. Messenger strand, anchors, Fiber/copper and other attachments while complying with national and local regulations surrounding aerial construction.
- Able to design an aerial path from point A to point B based on engineering best practices.
- Identify the necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber/copper cables to a poles.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property avoiding conflict with existing facilities.
- Review utility poles and field notes to determine most accurate make ready solution.
- Provide solutions for poles that fail pole loading or are not good candidates for new attachments.
- Produce make ready worksheets and prints.
- Coordinate with project teams and engineers to ensure the accuracy, completeness and delivery of all work.
- Research and document requirements on aerial construction by pole owner or customer for whom the work is being performed.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for make ready engineering, both internally and externally to CHC’s customers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results, preferred.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant engineering and construction techniques.
- Experience working with Outside Plant Engineering in the following systems: AutoCAD, and or client-specific GIS software; Familiarity with pole loading software (OCALC, SpidaCalc, etc.).
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management.
- Understanding of Outside Plant Engineering as it pertains to the architecture of various FTTX networks.
- Deep knowledge of OSP design and construction, specifically relating to aerial plant, make ready engineering and construction.
- Ability to read and analyze results of pole loading.
- Ability to read work prints and construction drawings.
- Understanding of the NESC and joint use.
- Knowledge of joint pole agreements and processes.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Field experienced preferable, but not required.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
Engineer I Engineer II Engineer III
- Will be taught to perform basic drafting or engineering activities often following a redline.
- Requires mentorship and training on architecture or design methods and planning decisions.
- 2-3 years OSP Make Ready experience
- Capable of designing projects with some oversight.
- Has a strong understanding of multiple job types and can complete work with minimal oversight.
- Understands how CHC engineering activities relate together and to the final product.
- Capable of performing ad-hoc requests for complicated QA or Design services with some explanation and oversight.
- 5+ yrs OSP Make Ready experience
- Able to plan and design projects without oversight.
- Has a deep understanding of OSP planning, design and construction methods.
- Capable of performing ad-hoc requests for complicated QA or planning services with minimal explanation and oversight.
- Able to define and clarify design and quality standards.
- Able to create high-level efficiency cable routing.
- Does not require quality audits and can
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Non-exempt, Hourly ($28-$34/hour)
- Full Time
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.