- Job Title
- Assistant Controller
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Boston, MA 02108
- Other Location
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller is an integral member team and key contributor of the Finance team and works in supporting internal and external financial reporting, audits and internal controls and compliance requirements. This position assists in the management of accounting operations for the business and manages a group of Accounting and Support professionals. Strong attention to detail, stellar organizational skills, ability to prioritize responsibilities/deliverables, meet deadlines and maintain the flexibility to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment are imperative. The Assistant Controller must possess a “can do” attitude and be readily willing to roll up their sleeves to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the work product required from the Accounting function.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, including review and approval of invoices entered over a determined threshold by the Accounts Payable Specialist, and management of weekly payment processing
- Assist in the establishment and compliance with accounting policies, processes and internal controls in accordance with US GAAP.
- Direct the workload for the accounting function; mentor more junior staff in their career growth and development
- Manage timely and accurate financial closings and financial statement preparation in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including the preparation of related reports.
- Review and approve journal entries and other data prepared by lead senior accountant, senior accountant, and others
- Direct monthly revenue recognition process and collaborate cross functionally with Market Access and Commercial Operations accordingly
- Prepare and/or review GTN analysis and short-term forecasting
- Manage inventory schedules, including COGS calculation
- Oversee outsourced AR function and provide approvals/feedback when necessary
- Coordinate with internal departments regarding cost estimates for certain R&D and G&A accruals.
- Provide key support in the preparation for annual audits and quarterly financial reviews by external auditors and internal auditors, and manage the related fieldwork.
- Provide key support in the preparation for internal controls compliance testing, and manage the related fieldwork.
- Provide key support and oversight in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Oversee employee expense reimbursements via the Concur system.
- Lead the annual 401K plan audit by external auditors.
- Partner with IT to provide system administrative support for NetSuite.
- Coordinate with FP&A and assist in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, as needed
- Review feedback from FP&A on monthly budget vs actuals; determine if any reclass entries are necessary
- Lead the preparation of annual federal and state tax returns, including review of returns
- Lead the 401K plan administration by the Finance department.
- Manage software implementations from the finance dept perspective, with IT overseeing projects
- Assist Human Resources in payroll processing management, including being the ultimate payroll approver.
- Assist the Controller, CFO or others with additional duties and projects, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA desirable but not required
- Relevant and demonstrated experience in a commercialized, revenue generating company is required
- 7+ years of accounting experience in roles of increasing responsibility, including direct management of others. Experience in the life sciences industry preferred
- Experience in supporting internal/external audits and quarterly reviews, and internal controls testing required
- NetSuite experience preferred. Experience participating in systems/application implementations and migrations for the Accounting Department is a plus
- Demonstrated advanced level proficiency in Excel. This includes, but it not limited to Pivot Tables/Charts, VLOOKUP, IF Functions, etc. and other MS Office applications – Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and ensure the accuracy and completeness in all work product deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a “can do” attitude and willingness to roll-up sleeves
- Strong communication skills with an internal and external customer focus
- Continuous mindset for process and efficiency improvements
- Willingness and ability to regularly work extended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays, based on business demands
On January 20, 2023, AVEO Oncology was acquired by LG Chem, Ltd. (“LG Chem”), expanding LG Chem’s oncology portfolio. AVEO now operates as an LG Chem company with a shared mission of providing innovative solutions to improve cancer patients’ lives. The combined synergy of AVEO and LG Chem will result in a global oncology organization with a robust portfolio of innovative products and deep capabilities from discovery to clinical, biologics manufacturing and U.S. commercialization, at a scale capable of delivering on its mission to improve the lives of patients with cancer. Bringing together AVEO and LG Chem provides significant momentum for AVEO to evolve to the next level, a global top 20 oncology leader in the next 5 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.