Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume. Once your resume has been submitted you can log in to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skill set.
Software Engineering Manager - Hybrid
- Job Title
- Software Engineering Manager - Hybrid
- Job ID
- Evansville, IN 47708
- Other Location
**Need to be living within 50 miles from Baltimore, MD, Evansville, Indiana, Wilmington, DE or Charlotte, NC**
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager – Originations to drive the engineering and delivery of strategic initiatives on the cutting edge of near prime loan origination system.
Partnering closely with Engineering, Product Management, and our proprietary credit decision platform, you will own the execution of the Originations roadmap to enable rapid iteration of process and journey orchestration making using cloud-native technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage one or more agile development teams with responsibility within the (Loan) Originations Product Lane.
- Collaborate on and influence cross-organization and cross-product initiatives.
- Partner with peers and leaders across organizational boundaries, communicating effectively with people throughout the organization.
- Establish credibility as an engineer, coach and leader in turn driving collaboration with architects, principal engineers, and other technical experts to foster technical innovation and the use of advanced techniques and technologies (e.g., process automation, advanced engineering practices, etc.) to enhance business value and reduce operational burden.
- Understand viewpoints of and collaborate effectively with product managers and engineering resources to ensure that products are defined, architected, implemented, delivered, and supported in alignment with organizational strategy, goals, and standards while addressing business vision, strategy and needs.
- Responsible for the credibility of estimates, consistently deliver on commitments with high quality product on a predictable schedule.
- Responsible for technical integrity, compliance, and alignment to our technology strategy of software products over time.
- Responsible for compliance of practices and products to all security, privacy, audit, regulatory, company policies, procedures and standards and other requirements.
- Provide clear and timely communication and effective coordination with stakeholders to ensure risks, issues and changes are well managed.
- Build and develop high performing, appropriately staffed, self-organizing agile development teams that deliver business value rapidly, predictably and with a high-quality work product.
- Assess and instrument software engineering and/or other practices, as necessary, to cultivate a culture of continuous improvement (kaizen) in engineering practices, operational efficiency, time to value and product quality.
- Hire, coach, mentor and develop great engineers.
- Responsible for ensuring vendor commitments are met within agreed to budget and schedule and that delivered product or service meets business, operational, compliance and other needs.
BA/BS degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field.
12+ years of experience working in software product, enterprise and mixed technology environment comprised of large scale, highly integrated systems.
5 years of hands-on cloud computing experience in Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform.
Prior experience planning, executing, and driving transformational technology strategies.
An insatiable learner with initiative to drive continuous improvement is a must.
Strong communication, organization, time management, interpersonal and management skills.
Outstanding problem identification, analysis and solving skills with a bias for action.
Proven change agent who can improve and grow the capability of teams.
Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and leverage those relationships to improve the quality of work products.
Well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Fluent in agile software processes (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.) and able led others by example.
Direct experience and proficiency with Amazon Web Services : VPC, S3, CloudFront, EC2, ECS/Fargate, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Active MQ, Step Functions, Elastic/Open Search, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, (or MongoAtlas), RDS Postgres, Aurora Postgres.
Direct, hands-on experience and proficiency with one or more high-level software architecture patterns: Event-Driven, Microkernel, Mircoservices, and/or Space-Based (/Cloud) Architecture.
Experienced in designing, implementing and CI/CD pipelines in complex environments.
3+ years managing complex, distributed and/or enterprise systems.
- Required education plus a graduate degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- Required education plus an MBA with specializations in Finance, Organizational Effectiveness, Strategic Management.
- Direct, hands-on experience building and operationalizing workflow, process and service orchestration engines to support (human and system tasks), such as Camunda v8+ is a plus.
- Prior Financial Credit Services or Loan Origination experience.
- 7+ years building and/or managing complex, distributed and/or enterprise systems.
- Direct, hands-on experience building and operationalizing solutions using IBM z-series or i-series.
- Modernizing IBM z-series or i-series systems.
- Direct, hands-on experience and expertise with two or more high-level software architecture patterns: Event-Driven, Microkernel, Mircoservices, and/or Space-Based (/Cloud) Architecture.
- Direct, hands-on experience and expertise with Amazon Web Services : VPC, S3, CloudFront, EC2, ECS/Fargate, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Active MQ, Step Functions, Elastic/Open Search, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, (or MongoAtlas), RDS Postgres, Aurora Postgres.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW, CC Pace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.
Get social with us! When you follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter you will be first to see our latest job postings and updates. Know someone who would be interested in one of our positions? Refer them and you can earn a bonus through our Referral Program. EEOC Know Your Rights Employee Rights Poster Pay Transparency Provisions