Neonatal Assessment Registered Nurse, Nights
- Job Title
- Neonatal Assessment Registered Nurse, Nights
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Neonatal Assessment Registered Nurse who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
This full-time position consists of three 12-hr shifts on Nights, 7:30p-8a, rotating every other weekend. Differentials and Premiums apply.
The Neonatal Assessment Registered Nurse:
- Assesses, plans, intervenes & evaluates patient care at the bedside. Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients, families, and friends. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by protecting/keeping information confidential by adhering to HIPAA Privacy policies and procedures. Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Documents (electronic) patient care and outcomes. Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Delegates tasks to non-licensed personnel and assistants.
- Participates in unit performance improvement programs through ongoing design, assessment and measurement, and performance improvement activities. Participates in other nursing and unit-based committees such as education, engagement, and practice.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Serves in the role of charge nurse with approval by the nurse manager.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
- Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics, and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities
- Adheres to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing Required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- STABLE certification is preferred and must receive within 6 months of hire.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support required
- NRP certification is required.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% Tuition Remission for employees and their dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Associates Degree in Nursing Required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support required
STABLE certification is preferred, and must receive within 6 months of hire
NRP certification is required.