Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
- Job Title
- IP Engineer
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
General Description of Position:
Designs, maintains, grows and provides emergency restoration of Summit Broadband core network infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in Summit core network architecture development, including network evolution and vision, market expansions, new technologies roll out, MPLS, IPv6, product offering, etc.
- Design, engineer and deploy BGP and OSPF Area-0 changes and upgrades.
- Contribute to network security tasks relevant to BGP and OSPF. Interact and represent with Summit peering and transit partners/vendors.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage complicated technical projects including time-lines, costs, resources and vendor relationships.
- Provides advanced technical and operational escalation support (on-call) to the Operations staff on network elements, internal processes, training requirements, vendor support, and network design and planning.
- Provide strong technical leadership to junior engineers.
- Provides senior-level project management and capital management duties.
- Manages vendor relations and product evaluations, provides costs analysis and feasibility studies for various projects and proposed network designs.
- Identifies operational and design issues through data analysis and recommends solutions to make networks more efficient.
- Monitors network performance and performs capacity planning to ensure optimal performance of network resources.
- Works with our internal technical, sales and support groups to provide a reliable and secure network infrastructure used to deliver telecommunications services including voice, video and high speed data.
- Supports carrier network equipment such as routers, switches, and cable modems, Unix systems, firewalls and other data/IP networking-related equipment.
- Applies strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures and protocols including TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN and Ethernet technologies to design and implement efficient network configurations.
- Researches emerging technologies as a member of a task force or independently and makes appropriate recommendations to improve network performance, security and reliability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department.
- Cisco or Juniper JCIE Routing Certification
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- 5 - 10 years of relevant IP networking experience working for service providers or Telecom vendor
- Strong working knowledge and experience in layer 3 routing protocols including daily operation in large networks : RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, and BGP
- Advanced Knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet technologies, IP routing and routing protocols, multicast, Unix/Linux systems, network security technologies and carrier network architectures
- Network security experience, including firewall and IDS/IPS appliances/functions
- Specific knowledge of Juniper and Cisco routers, especially the Juniper MX, EX, and SRX platforms is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of Juniper and Cisco configurations would be a plus.
- Juniper and Cisco certifications or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of telecom standards such as MEF, DOCSIS, XGS and GPON
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as lead small, directed projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of IPTV and video compression
- Juniper IP Routing certified or equivalent experience