Systems Administrator III - Section Supervisor I
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator III - Section Supervisor I
- Job ID
- Hill AFB, UT 84056
- Other Location
Individual supports the U.S Air Force under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract at Hill AFB, Utah. Integrits Corporation develops and maintains realistic, integrated test and training environments and prepares our nation’s war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today’s missions and tomorrow’s global challenges. A Section Supervisor I performs a variety of supervisory tasks involved in supervising work efforts of personnel assigned to the work center. The Supervisor will report to an on-site Department Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform System Administration functions such as user account maintenance, application and OS patches and updates, antivirus updates, security/event log review and analysis, network documentation, hardware issue escalation, user training, and user support.
- Performs the daily operation of MS Win server software to include system security, appropriate access, configuration and backing up system.
- Makes recommendations for future hardware / software implementations and related process improvements, schedules, plans and performs system upgrades including the transition from design, test, production and documentation environments.
- Specifies network requirements, monitors LAN performance, troubleshoots networking hardware and ensures system is working properly according to specifications and parameters.
- Organizes and secures directory structure and assists / trains staff members in the use of department.
- Document Management System, associated databases and CM/DM release procedures.
- Serves as POC for problem reporting, incremental version updates and monitors yearly support contract.
- Knowledge of Auditing, RMF, STIGs, SCAP, and ACAS.
- Apply advanced networking and security knowledge to assist in buildup of the network(s).
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation.
- provides inventory control of range assets.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in representing and/or resolving matters of significance on behalf of the customer.
- Individual reports to an exempt onsite Department Manager responsible for the Leadership Team operations.
- Supervises the performance of work performed by employees assigned to the work center.
- Sets employee work schedules and accounts for time worked by section employees
- Explains or interprets company policy to subordinates
- Evaluates and documents employee performance
- Interviews and makes related hiring recommendations on prospective employees when unit vacancies occur.
- There is occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal as well constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
- Associates or higher degree in Computer/Information Technology, or equivalent academic/technical training.
- Possess 7 years related experience or combination of experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise.
- Possess a base of knowledge sufficient to oversee the performance of technically diverse tasks assigned to the Department.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interface with and effectively direct subordinates.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of the technical concepts, principles and requirements associated with the Department.
- Must have a practical knowledge of company policies, procedures, and practices sufficient to perform as an effective supervisor.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills sufficient to permit interaction with other employees as well as taking work direction from Supervisors.
- Requires limited to no supervision.
- Individual must have a sound working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications, e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Ability to obtain CompTIA Security + Certification within 6 months.
- Must be able to successfully pass the required drug test.
- SECRET Security Clearance (required).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Information Technology
- Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Prior Supervisory experience of 4 years or more.