- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Utica, NY 13502
- Other Location
POSITION: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Utica, NY
POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a nationally prominent fine arts center serving diverse audiences through a renowned Museum of Art, the PrattMWP College of Art and Design, a live performing arts season, and year-round community arts classes. The Institute annually hosts some 600 events where patrons enjoy exhibitions, performances, art classes, and family-oriented activities. Our client is an exceptional convergence of many areas of creative expression that is both a community asset in the Mohawk Valley and an art destination located in the heart of New York with easy travel to Syracuse, Albany, and just a few hours from New York City, Boston, and Montreal. This team is committed to community engagement and to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our client offers exceptional benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; generous paid time off; and free art classes, concerts, and films.
The Senior Accountant will model the values and culture of the organization to colleagues and the public by being welcoming, inclusive, and respectful and will value collaboration across the organization and within the community.
Under the direction of the Treasurer, the Senior Accountant will perform a wide range of accounting duties, including accounts payable, journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, report preparation and analysis of financial information. The Senior Accountant will also assist with cyclical accounting responsibilities such as month-end, year-end, budgeting, 1099 preparation, quarterly sales, and unclaimed funds reporting and will act as backup to the student accounting office.
- Accounts Payable Process
- Month-End Journal Entries and Account Analysis
- Deposit Transmittals
- Praxis Corporation
- Reporting for Grant Purposes
- Annual Budget Preparation
- Monthly Financial Statements
- Annual End-of-Year Close
- Annual 1099 Preparation, Quarterly Sales, and Unclaimed Funds
- Back Up Student Accounting
- Education and Experience – Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an accounting/bookkeeping position.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Computer literacy in database management, Microsoft and Google software expertise, excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, and ability to switch roles as necessary as part of a small, dynamic team are essential qualities.
- Must possess the ability to work with diverse groups of people, ranging from staff, faculty, students, and parents.
M3 Placement and Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.