Oncology Account Manager (OAM) - Michigan
- Job Title
- Oncology Account Manager (OAM) - Michigan
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Boston, MI
- Other Location
Position: Oncology Account Manager (OAM)
Reports to: Regional Business Director
This position provides a unique opportunity for an experienced sales professional to be part of AVEO’s first national sales force to promote FOTIVDA (tivozanib) for renal cell carcinoma (RCC). This role will report to the Regional Business Director and is field based.
We are looking for individuals who share the importance of science-based selling, supported by a strong foundation of business analytics. The OAM will also possess a deep knowledge of the oral drug space, as well as background in later line oncology and or hematology malignancy. A solid understanding of the oncology therapeutic area is essential, with a preference for experience in RCC or GU Oncology. Demonstrated sales success and compassion for patients is required.
- The OAM will promote safe and effective use of FOTIVDA (tivozanib) within the labeled indication (RCC) and in accordance with company training and policies
- Responsible for individual/territory sales performance and goal attainment
- Understand the Oncology/RCC environment; have in-depth knowledge of disease-state, local drivers, treatment and referral patterns, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers practicing in your geography
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive business plan for territory
- Exercise sound judgment and ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications
- Foster AVEO core values and behaviors
- BS in Business or Science; 5 - 10 years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated understanding of oncology therapeutic area, products and marketplace strongly preferred
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively
- Ability to develop critical relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and private practice facilities
- Possesses a strong work ethic, ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Works with all members of a team effectively
- Integrates innovative ideas in order to accomplish corporate and individual objectives
- Ability to travel and valid driver’s license in good standing required
AVEO is a commercial-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company committed to delivering medicines that provide a better life for patients with cancer. AVEO currently markets FOTIVDA® (tivozanib) in the U.S. for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) following two or more prior systemic therapies. AVEO continues to develop FOTIVDA in immuno-oncology and other novel targeted combinations in RCC and other indications, and has other investigational programs in clinical development. AVEO is committed to creating an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion to diversify representation within the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.