VP - Commercial Credit Officer
- Job Title
- VP - Commercial Credit Officer
- Job ID
- Utica, NY
- Other Location
POSITION: VP - COMMERCIAL CREDIT OFFICER
LOCATION: UTICA, NY
SUMMARY: This position reports to the SVP Chief Credit Officer and is responsible for workflow management and interaction between the credit department and commercial lenders. The Commercial Credit Officer would also manage and update policy and procedures. Monitor credits going to OLC and Director Loan committees. Other responsibilities include acting as liaison for Credit Administration with other departments within the bank. Assisting Chief Credit Officer with various projects, as required. The Commercial Credit Officer is to work effectively with all lending departments and Senior Management.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize strategic planning skills to develop and execute effective pipeline management, to ensure successful file review and quality control processes are in place and expectations are met.
- Serve as a contact for issues and help to resolve questions that may arise between team members and/or other Bank departments, as well as any third-party vendors.
- Provide processing support, as you manage the pipeline of loan transactions, ensuring that all items are completed in compliance with the Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in establishment and refinement of processes, procedures, and systems in support of the origination, underwriting, and servicing of business purpose loans, including both commercial and small business.
- Assist in drafting or revising credit policies, product guidelines, and procedures; identify departmental credit training needs and facilitate or arrange same; and various credit risk management/administration projects as the need may arise.
- Uphold compliance with all policy requirements regarding the loan portfolio, including monitoring credit concentrations.
- Responsible for coordinating information requests for audits (FRB, NYSDFS, internal and external vendors).
- Assume responsibility for gathering and preparing monthly and quarterly board reports and for other members of Senior Management.
- Responsible for addressing findings relating to audits and compliance reviews and developing timely resolutions and monitoring to assure on-going compliance.
- Education required: 4-year college degree in Business or related area from an accredited college or university, and related training, such as Commercial Bank Lending School (or similar program).
- Experience required: 5 to 10 years commercial lending and/or a credit administration position that included underwriting and assessment of credit requests.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in bank lending and loan operational activities. Experience with commercial loan documentation preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Bank lending policies, as well as strong knowledge of Federal and State compliance and regulatory requirements.
M3 Placement and Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.