Part-Time Outreach Associate – Central Houston/Pasadena
- Job Title
- Part-Time Outreach Associate – Central Houston/Pasadena
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges. Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors, STEM and more. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
Part-Time Community Outreach Associate – Central/Pasadena
We need an outstanding Community Outreach Associate to help us prepare the next generation of girls. From August through May, you will be the role model girls need when you conduct interactive programs at elementary, middle, and high schools. We want every girl to have the opportunity to achieve her dreams, and you’ll help us with this when you work with girls on contemporary issues they face such as peer pressure, self-esteem, health, and fitness, conflict resolution, bullying, valuing differences, healthy relationships, financial literacy, and other topics in GSUSA’s National Program Portfolio.
A Community Outreach Associate is someone who is seeking a part-time position to develop a career in community outreach with a transformational nonprofit that provides competitive salary and flexible hours.
You are the ideal candidate if you are:
- A dependable, proactive individual with a strong willingness to help and work as a team.
- Excited to conduct presentations for large groups of girls in various school settings.
- An excellent communicator with a keen attention to detail. Excited to support a philanthropic company culture.
- Available 2 to 4 days during weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. p.m. (actual schedule varies)
- A high school graduate minimum is required, some college or degree preferred.
- Experience working with youth or prior Girl Scout experience preferred, but not required.
- A holder of a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of insurance with the flexibility to travel to your assigned communities.
- Able to lift and transport supplies sometimes more than 25 pounds to and from the Girl Scout office as needed.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish). This is highly desirable but not required.
- Embrace pluralism and accept that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
Why believe in the power of the girl?
- Girl Scouts named by Non-Profit Time as one of the world’s top 100 nonprofit organizations in 2014.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSJC offers:
- Competitive hourly pay
- On-the-job training
- High energy work environment
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council fosters belonging and respect for all girls. We empower all girls, volunteers and staff to fulfill their potential and make the world a better place. Our Girl Scout Promise drives us to provide diverse, equitable and inclusive experiences where all girls, volunteers and staff are confident they belong. We stand firm in these commitments and united by these ideals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.